You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Plugins That Work With Affinity Photo

What chance Serif, Adobe, Silkypix, Macphun, Phase One, ON1 or whoever buying up the rights to Nik Collection / patented technology? Engineering control point technology into one of the aforementioned RAW converters would be almost a certified sure fire winner. Quick return on investment.

Alternatively, what about crowdfunding a purchase by the users of the products you have mentioned? With a view to granting some kind of a GNU license to Serif, Silkypix, Phase 1, DxO et al (we would of course, insist on Adobe buying a monthly subscription :LOL:) providing they did not charge their users for the right to use the plugins?

• Staff

Hi Everyone, 

And welcome to the Forums MikeM481027 :)

I'm not to happy with some of the posts made in this thread. In the future if there is conflict between any users I would rather someone report it to an Admin than continue arguing with each other. This isn't a case of people being right or wrong in what they wrote its more about the view of this forum you are giving to other and possibly new users. Because of this I have removed a lot of posts from this thread. I apologise if you feel your post was removed when you feel it shouldn't have been.

Please feel free to send me a private message if you have any issues.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

By doing this your pandering to the exact behaviour some of us reacted to in the fist place, Callum - it'll just happen again if you remove the evidence.

I also resent the inference that there was more than one "out of order" contributor to the thread - the troll got exactly what he deserved, and if you were so bothered about it you should have come in sooner, rather than reactively blaming the rest of us for how the thread developed.

And he was wrong.

You know what? Thanks to you, I'm done with this forum, Callum - few things wind me up more than forum moderators who allow trolls free-reign and then blame other people for how a thread turns out.

Keith Reeder

You know what? Thanks to you, I'm done with this forum, Callum - few things wind me up more than forum moderators who allow trolls free-reign and then blame other people for how a thread turns out.

Keith, by doing this aren't you allowing the extremely bad behaviour of ONE poster to colour your opinions of the whole forum?  Hasn't he then "won"?

Perhaps Callum should have intervened earlier; I wish he had but the situation now is that we are where we are.  I, for one, have very much valued a number of your posts for their insight and humour; I, for one, would be very sorry to see you leave.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Callum,

I think what Keith expressed, several of us regular posters feel.

For months there have been unfounded comments and criticisms levied at Serif, their products and processes through the forum. Many of these have been aggressive, derogatory and unfair. Often originating from ignorance, laziness or frustration.

While I appreciate Serif staff should not react to such provocation, as users and proponents of AP I feel aggrieved that Serif, its staff, processes and products are denigrated without correction, 'punishment' or balance.

Myself, Keith and countless others have assisted as have Serif staff. Several of us have tried to balance the discussion by 'weeding out' the spurious from the genuine, in the absence of proactive and assertive moderation.

Perhaps some consistency in closing down 'unsuitably toned' posts early would be welcomed by all.

I truly hope this helps, as you can see Keith and many other regular posters on these Forums love the product, want its success and are keen to help it become the leader in Photo Editing it deserves to be.

Regards Paul.

• 2 years later...
6 hours ago, benbournane massinissa said:

Hello , What's the plugin's for masking that work with affinity photo 1.8 ? ( topaz or Akvis ?)  ?

Have no idea about akvis, but Topaz Mask AI does work.

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

• 1 month later...

Do I understand that I should not buy the program 'PaintShop Pro' for AP 1.8? Or would I just look for a certain Topaz plugin to paint within AP? I'm a little confused....??

Edited by RCPhotos_FineArtAmerica
Forgot to click Notify me of replies, now I don't see that option

Light, Subject, Focus, DOF, Background, Edit, Learn

59ef645ca6e4e_IMG_7558LightBeneathFAAcopy300x100.jpg.d53988f0690ebe508047421cdc137023.jpg

5 minutes ago, RCPhotos_FineArtAmerica said:

Do I understand that I should not buy the program 'PaintShop Pro' for AP 1.8? Or would I just look for a certain Topaz plugin to paint within AP? I'm a little confused....??

It is like you ask do you have to buy Photoshop for AP.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

• 3 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.