You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What about the Fuji X-Trans RAW files ?

Hi,

I just tried to load a Fuji X-Trans (X-Pro1) RAW file. The file loaded (very slowly) but the image was very, very dark and dull. No problem with files from non X-Trans Fuji RAW files.

Did I miss something ?

Thanks.

--Patrick
Hamburg ist der wahre Grund
warum Kompassnadeln nach Norden zeigen.

Hi Chris,

Here is a sample : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55479279/Passage_Brady_001.RAF .

If I load this file in Lightroom, Adobe Camera RAW or Capture One, it looks "normal" and the histogram is correctly balanced. In AP, the histogram is completely shifted to the left.

Thanks.

--Patrick

Hi Samoreen

Thanks for the file. I have opened it in Photo and it seems to open fine. It is no darker than if it was opened in any of the app you described above. The histogram difference is due to the colour space. In app like PS and LR, they are using AdobeRGB which I'm guessing is the profile used to shoot in. We are currently not reading the camera profile so set it to sRGB.

If you expand the profile section on the right side of the Develop Persona you can set the image to be outputted in AdobeRGB. If you do this you should the the histogram shift to look more like the one in PS and LR

I've attached a screenshot to display what I am talking about :)

Thanks

post-30-0-34781800-1478796050_thumb.jpg

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Chris,

Changing the profile doesn't help. I'm unable to see what you show in the attached screenshot.

A RAW image has no color space. When a RAW file is loaded in Lightroom, the internal profile used to represent it is Melissa RGB, something very close to Prophoto. I don't think that a profile issue can explain what I'm seeing. Here is a capture of my screen when using Adobe RGB...

post-40856-0-08836300-1478796905_thumb.jpg

--Patrick

• Staff

Hi Samoreen

I think Photo is not applying a tone curve to the image. There is a setting for this in the Develop Assistant, which you can reach by clicking on the "Assistant Options" button located on the centre-right of the toolbar with an icon that looks like a tuxedo / butler's uniform. As for the histogram, I agree it is probably showing the wrong thing.

Cheers

Justin

Chris,

Everything was turning so strange that I have re-installed. Which seems to have fixed the problem. However, I didn't do anything fancy. I launched AP and just loaded RAW files. This one might be hard to catch.

--Patrick

• Staff

Hi Samoreen

If you look on the 32-bit Preview studio panel is the "ICC Display Transform" option selected or "Unmanaged"? If it say "Unmanaged" that might explain the purple sky. The histogram is correct for 32-bit linear data, which is what has been output from the Develop persona in this case. This is another option which is set in the Develop Assistant. It is supposed to default to output 16-bit.

Cheers

Justin

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.