You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

brush size/hardness and brush preview drag

First of all, thanks for bringing Affinity Photo to Windows, I really appreciate it!

I've got two little problems.

First:

I can't change the brush size/hardness with CTRL+ALT and (click-) dragging the mouse which should work according to some topics on the forum. (e.g. https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/4987-how-to-change-brush-size-with-keyboard-mouse/)

Second:

The brush preview drags behind my mouse pointer/brush.

It's not a big problem, but a bit irritating when working. Is this behavior intentional or is it a performance thing?

Ehmm...I just today did a post on how to, I hope am not being a pain to Affinity mods... But it is very effective, worked great for me in my today test to help other user. So much I left my own config so. Using an external utility. Is a temporary fix that i as an user offer you as an effective and comfortable solution, only :

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/27858-brush-resize-and-hardness-with-ctrl-alt/?p=135888

And longer explanation on the app usage, another post i made here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/27990-zoom-like-a-photoshop/?p=135701

And sorry if am being off limits here or breaking some rule (dunno)... Just helping like I'd do at work if someone needed a fast fix till development reaches there....   :)

Probably you'd better read first the second one, as it explains the things from start to end, way easier. And then go to the first link, where there's the exact instructions to use this utility to get what you want to have for the size and hardness change in A. Photo, without a single obstacle or dificulty.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Any idea how to do this with a wacom tablet function button, I don't use a mouse just a pen pen?

That works, given your pen has buttons. Then just map one of the buttons to RMB.

But the current mapping requires you to actually touch the tablet for changing the size, which

might cause some undesired changes to the Design. Serif really should hook up Hover Click for

interactive Pen property changes, it makes a world of a difference.

That works, given your pen has buttons. Then just map one of the buttons to RMB.

But the current mapping requires you to actually touch the tablet for changing the size, which

might cause some undesired changes to the Design. Serif really should hook up Hover Click for

interactive Pen property changes, it makes a world of a difference.

Ah! Thanks, I was not touching the screen when I tried. I'm used to hovering to do the resize. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.