You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm yet another refugee from the Apple Aperture camp. I have looked at Lightroom, and found it excellent, but cannot abide the Adobe Creative Studio add-in software, which practically takes over your machine. I've also looked at DXO extensions for Apple Photos. Now I have bought into Affinity, with the intention of creating a workflow in which I first load raw files into Affinity, to take advantage of the editing power, and then export the results as jpegs for loading into Apple's Photos, which will form my primary library. I use Apple Airplay to display images on the TV, and iCloud to share with other members of the family, so the last thing I need is a non-Apple-compatible DAM system. (I understand that you in the process of developing a home-grown Digital Asset Management system). I do not require to manage the original raw files, which I shall progressively discard as storage becomes limited.

So the nub of my question is, how do I go about designing a work flow that is efficient, and ends up with my edited jpegs in Apple's Photos?

I have consulted the Help application and watched many of the videos, but I'm unable to see an efficient way to proceed. For example, I might take 10 shots of one subject, and dozens of subjects in a day. First off I want to view all shots of the same subject and select the most promising for Developing. Now I want apply some general presets to every selected image. Then I will go into individual images to perform specific edits. Finally I shall want to export the edited jpegs and then import them into Photos. The videos and the Help text do not seem to give me this sort of overview, as they concentrate on performing edits one photo at a time.

I'd be grateful for any pointers that you can give me.

Obviously, the key starter in a photo workflow is the RAW

converter; one that will permit proper DRL, WB and other

tweaks that may even be performed and applied locally,

on layers.

Ultimately, when you are satisfied with your rendition, you

can publish you image for the pixel editor if needed.

My workflow is somehow different but here is a suggestion

I got this afternoon from the blog:

http://blog.phaseone.com/customized-workflow-workspace-tips-and-tricks/

I don't use any of Adobe products since some years and

life is fine outside their Suite as new developers also have

been working, coming up with cool solutions.

All the best!

www.kodiakmedia.at

TeamViewer: 668 015 544

If personal taste is involved,           Light is free,                       Mother Nature provides the light
discussion is pointless.                   capturing it is NOT.               but talent renders the image.
                                                                                                                        (Charlychuck)