You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Importing PDF

I tried to open PDF document in AffP and find two problems there.

1) When I dropped the PDF file icon on AffP workspace, the file explorer window with PDF file gets locked until I closed the PDF Options window, that suxx. (Windows 10)

2) The PDF import is not bad but far from perfect, especially text kerning is bad. Photoshop is importing PDFs as plain image, so why not add option "import as image" too?

• Staff

Hiya,

The first issue I can see what you mean, but I would kind of expect this behaviour, you are starting a drag operation which isn't complete until our import dialog is closed. However i'm not entirely sure that we need to hold on to the file explorer window at this point, so i'll get it logged. It could very well be "By Design" though and unavoidable.

The second issue, we already have a couple of small kerning bugs logged relating to PDF import, so your suggestion is valid as an alternative. Any chance you can attach the PDF so I can just check it's similar to what we have logged?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.