You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Windows Beta introduction video

Mark Ingram,

Thanks for posting your message. I could not find it before that is why I asked again.   Since Windows 7 is still supported until January 14 2020 I was hoping for another solution. Enabling the theme Aero washes out my preferences and prevents certain programs from running that I have on my system. The Theme is a preference that is why I was asking. So thanks for your link to your response I could not find previously.  I'm going to see if following this link will help:  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/127411-desktop-composition-enable-disable.html

Thanks.

Thanks a lot for Windows version.  Having it not on a Mac toy but rather  modern beast working PC  with a lot of RAM and decent GPU  is so relieving.  

No need to manifest your stupidity so quickly.

Mac and Windows users coexist here incredibly well.

Enjoy using Affinity Photo for Windows. 

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

• Staff

Thanks a lot for Windows version.  Having it not on a Mac toy but rather  modern beast working PC  with a lot of RAM and decent GPU  is so relieving.  

No need to manifest your stupidity so quickly.

Mac and Windows users coexist here incredibly well.

Enjoy using Affinity Photo for Windows. 

Thanks for the contributions gentlemen :)

As Seneca has said - users of all platforms coexist here - although friendly banter is acceptable.

Andy.

Mark Ingram,

Thanks for posting your message. I could not find it before that is why I asked again.   Since Windows 7 is still supported until January 14 2020 I was hoping for another solution. Enabling the theme Aero washes out my preferences and prevents certain programs from running that I have on my system. The Theme is a preference that is why I was asking. So thanks for your link to your response I could not find previously.  I'm going to see if following this link will help:  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/127411-desktop-composition-enable-disable.html

Thanks.

Thanks for that link, can you let me know if that works for you? If so we can update our advice.

Firstly congrats on the beta!  I only just recently found Designer and love it to death.  Photoshop is my main squeeze but I was really anxious to try this because of how well Designer is done.

I am a long time photoshop user with a question about short cut keys.  I know you can customize them in Photo however you wish but the fill tool (Foreground color or background color) doesn't seem possible.  The standard key in Photo seems to only cover Filling with the foreground... Alt and Delete does nothing as far as I can tell (ie not reserved)but I also cannot set this to be the short cut for fill.  Also there doesn't appear to be a key combo for filling with background color.  Please tell me there is a work around.  I would hate to have to spend time relearning a whole new set of combos.  

There is a save and load function on the short cut key tab which is encouraging.  Hopefully someone creates or has already created a ps shortcut key file every one can load up quickly.

Thanks for any help regarding the fill keys.

Looks great.

I am curious to know if this is a UWP app, and whether the Mac version is a Cocoa app?

How do you share code with the Mac version?

Simply curious on how you pull this off since the products for both platforms seems so nice.

@rohde,

This is a regular Win32 app, not a UWP app. UWP are supported only on Windows 10 through the Store and this app is supported on Windows 7 and up. I suppose it is done in C, and that is how source code is shared. I am hoping Serif will make them (Designer and Photo) available in the Windows Store when released, since as of July it supports publishing Win32 apps (project Centennial). Microsoft already demonstrated a working version of Photoshop as a Centennial app, but it would be amazing if Serif beat them to the punch and published their apps in the Store before Adobe. It would certainly be the way I'd like to purchase them. It would also be a nice way to expose the new app to lots of people and gain traction, without having to compromise on supporting only Windows 10.

Thank you ... again and again ... it looks amazing.

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

Thank you so much! Got it yesterday, and have been using it today! It's exciting! I'm self-taught, though, so have a lot to learn, but have come a long way over the years. I like that it supports transparent background, and that I can create huge images, larger than 6000x6000, easily.

How long will I be able to use the beta?

Designing, Arting, Writing, Crafting, Lover of the Creative Life

1610156076_ACDSLogoSignature300x85.jpg.c89db6d14f97a9fa918b538f50ce769d.jpg

Linktr.ee

Thank you so much! Got it yesterday, and have been using it today! It's exciting! I'm self-taught, though, so have a lot to learn, but have come a long way over the years. I like that it supports transparent background, and that I can create huge images, larger than 6000x6000, easily.

How long will I be able to use the beta?

The beta will end when the product is available to purchase. Each version of the beta will expire after 30 days, but you will be prompted to download a new version before that happens.

Great videos and a great beta. However, James, to state 'you will find that both the interface and functionality translate to the Windows version'... is misleading - just to be clear - several features in MAC are not available in Windows version.. GPS/Location etc..

Hope that helps.

cheers, Paul

Great videos and a great beta. However, James, to state 'you will find that both the interface and functionality translate to the Windows version'... is misleading - just to be clear - several features in MAC are not available in Windows version.. GPS/Location etc..

Hope that helps.

cheers, Paul

Yes,   EXPORT LUT appears to be missing from the file menu... I definitely need this.   Overall, looks like a great piece of software!

just joined as would like to say thanks - am looking for an alternative to cs6. i don't like subscription software so adobe have lost me on this alone. rather silly since i've regularly used ps since it was on windows.

my main use is still raw processing and creating graphics for video - both of which i do commercially so i'm hoping affinity can match my existing workflow and requirements.

again, thanks...

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to Export *AI or *.EPS v 8.0 compatible file ? I need AI/EPS v8.0 or older (back then it was still open format i think) to import file in LightWave 3D. Any other version i tried (print, flat...) do not load in LW3D.

Thanks

I consider myself an 'amateur' - I do not make money off of my work when retouching photographs that I shoot myself.

I have been working with Affinity since the release of the windows beta. On the same day, I uninstalled an old CS5 and Lightroom 4.4.

It is just that simple - the software rocks. It simply does. Affinity is able to provide someone like me with a consistent workflow, a fresh, fast and intuitive interface.

There are just so many small things that make life easier. The live preview when drawing masks. The 'restauration' tool that is just on a complete different level.

The layer management. Merging HDR stacks. Focus Stacking..... AND seamless 32 Bit workflow without prompting the user with a "you cannot use this tool because of 32bit, please convert to 16 or 8 bit' bull.

Stability is supreme in my case, no single crash. Performance on the other hand can and must be improved.

Still, awesome job, I'll buy it. 50 is a steal for this thing and will help Serif become a relevant player in this business.

Retouching photographs has become fun again for me.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.