You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo - Process after C1

wgphoto

I've been using AP in conjunction with C1 (Capture One) since AP was in (original) beta. I use C1 for RAW conversion and initial color grading. I just like the way RAW looks in C1 compared to other converters. The other big reason is the color balance tool for color grading. There just isn't a visual tool like this in other editors. I then bring the image in to AP for skin retouching (and lint lol) and final touches including sharpening, grain, a color overlay and vignette. I love the fact that the current beta has a true color picker tool for frequency separation work where you can select a 3x3 or 5x5, instead of 1x1. Anyhow, here is my latest edit showing after C1 conversion and the final image. Before anyone critiques the pose, I'm aware of the folds under the arm and bra. Not posting for that purpose, just showing edits.

post-10521-0-09245300-1478727468_thumb.jpg

post-10521-0-68524600-1478727470_thumb.jpg

iPad Pro 12.9 M1/Mac Mini M1, in that order

I've been using AP in conjunction with C1 (Capture One) …

I endorse your thinking, all the way!

I haven't found anything yet to match CO9, and I stay in there

to complete all rendition tweaks and move to AP when I need

an editor.

All my RAW production is done in CO9 and, since I don't use

Adobe products anymore, AP was the better choice to replace

their pixel editor.

I am not a graphic nor an imaging artist, just a photographer!

www.kodiakmedia.at

TeamViewer: 668 015 544

If personal taste is involved,           Light is free,                       Mother Nature provides the light
discussion is pointless.                   capturing it is NOT.               but talent renders the image.
                                                                                                                        (Charlychuck)