You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No AP • First Snow! —picture heavy!

Kodiak

I spent three hours, in the early afternoon, shooting corporate 

portraits of a new management team put in place after a very 

hostile takeover by some american interests.

Sure, I was doing the right thing (it did cost them dearly!) but 

I didn't feel so happy with this bunch of proud, superficial, in-

fatuated, cold, and arrogant executives and managers.

The job was well done and very well paid… but I had to put 

my "soul" at ease and, to wash away the bitter feelings, I know 

nothing that beats a visit to the close by marsh. Specially today, 

as it was the first snow! 

Mother Nature treated me well —maybe She felt how I needed 

Her to cheer me up— and surprised me… as usual! 

This was a delicious moment and I would like to share with you 

Her beauty and kindness…

In one of the takes, a Kingfisher is perched… can you spot it?

Have a look, have a good time… C&C welcomed!

B7688%201Dpp.jpg

B7671%201Dpp.jpg

B7673%201Dpp.jpg

B7681%201Dpp.jpg

B7688%201Dpp.jpg

B7752%201Dpp.jpg

B7898%201Dpp.jpg

B7899%201Dpp.jpg

B7901%201Dpp.jpg

What, a shy snow you say?

This is south Austria… not Canada!  :P  :D  :P  :D  :P

Sure, I did shoot some birds but that's the following thread…

be patient… here is the link:

Tip: the Kingfisher is in picture 8

Part 2, with Egret ballet, is here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/27703-no-ap-2-•-birds-in-first-snow-—picture-heavy/

www.kodiakmedia.at

TeamViewer: 668 015 544

If personal taste is involved,           Light is free,                       Mother Nature provides the light
discussion is pointless.                   capturing it is NOT.               but talent renders the image.
                                                                                                                        (Charlychuck)

Well?

108 views and no comment!

Does no one else get out is this weather?

www.kodiakmedia.at

If personal taste is involved,           Light is free,                       Mother Nature provides the light
discussion is pointless.                   capturing it is NOT.               but talent renders the image.
                                                                                                                        (Charlychuck)

• 2 weeks later...

…609 views and still no comments!

www.kodiakmedia.at

(Charlychuck)

Beautiful shots

Glad you like them, compatriot!

LOVE the third and last pictures! I didn't spot the Kingfisher, though.

Thanks TanBrae!

That proves that even bright colours may be a camouflage

(think of the Tiger) !

Have you enlarged your browser window?

… and clicked the picture to see it bigger?

Once spotted, you will always see it! ;)

www.kodiakmedia.at

(Charlychuck)

Thanks Charlychuck

I too like the dreamy rendition of that scene. ;)

www.kodiakmedia.at

(Charlychuck)

I actually hadn't seen it till now... (if I don't comment in every pic is only lack of time.. ;))

Sure, I was doing the right thing (it did cost them dearly!) but 

I didn't feel so happy with this bunch of proud, superficial, in-

fatuated, cold, and arrogant executives and managers.

I've suffered those... and the the hypocrisy... let alone when literally forced (well, I made my own set of advanced tactics (only some vets can do this... heh) to avoid those) to make those deeply stupid team work empowering exercises  (like playing with a ball or a potato and stuff... next day they'll betray each other like in any regular day...) that some management person read in a not so good bestseller as the "last thing" to increase productivity... You know the stuff, scrums, forcing someone to dress with a giant rabbit disguise, super silly slogans, etc... As if stuff was not evident already to need a graphical depiction.... 

BUT.... if it did bring food to the table, it is welcome ! 'A man's gotta eat'. Indeed, mother nature treats you extremely well, judging the photos she allows you to make...

The job was well done and very well paid… but I had to put 

my "soul" at ease and, to wash away the bitter feelings, I know 

nothing that beats a visit to the close by marsh. Specially today, 

as it was the first snow! 

My own soul got a rhinoceros' thickness skin... Nothing of that can affect... And it doesn't make one worse... ;)  having things clear in your mind... The day I see myself back into a company as employee and accepting to play with the freaking potato between noses, and dance hula-hop  while shouting something about how great my company is, even in a convinced tone, that day I'll begin to seriously worry... Until then... you know, is just work...

Your pictures remind a lot certain paintings of the romantic period. Those lakes...

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

My own soul got a rhinoceros' thickness skin... Nothing of that can affect... 

I am not so far yet… but I got a bear hide already!

Thanks for taking the time! ;)

www.kodiakmedia.at

(Charlychuck)

• 5 weeks later...

I didn't spot the Kingfisher, though.  :ph34r:

…there it is…

B7899%201Dpp2.jpg

www.kodiakmedia.at

(Charlychuck)

I can see the Kingfisher - now that you pointed it out 

…let's keep it a secret! ;)

www.kodiakmedia.at

(Charlychuck)