You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.5.2 - Beta 4)

Congratulations!

MATTP, CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!, GET SOME BOOKS ABOUT GIRLS, They are challenging. Specially November borns, I have one Born on November 7, 12 years old. AMAZING. My suggestion, four actitud; 1. Patience, 2. Love, 3. Understanding, 4. Flexibility, and one magic word "FINE... you are right."  Hugs. Bogar

• Staff

This newest beta suddenly won't let me make any raster marquee selections at all. I open up the same file in the MAS version and selections work fine. :| Just me?

Hmmm, mine seems to be working just fine and I don't think anyone has touched that area for a while? It's certainly using the same code as the current Affinity Photo 1.5 Beta and I'd imagine there would be a lot of people testing it there? Is it just one particular file or is it even on a new document?

Thanks!

Matt

• Staff

I got the beta and didn’t find the baby daughter update inside. This is false advertising, want a full refund. :D

Hey, it would've been rude of me to just ship one inside the Beta without even warning you. If you're sure you want one then I'll try my best to include one in your next Beta delivery - make sure you have plenty of time on your hands, an understanding partner and an awful lot of nappies ;)

Hey, it would've been rude of me to just ship one inside the Beta without even warning you. If you're sure you want one then I'll try my best to include one in your next Beta delivery - make sure you have plenty of time on your hands, an understanding partner and an awful lot of nappies ;)

Hi Matt, Congratulations on the birth of your daughter.   It's definitely the best part of the beta release.   I wonder how you are able to code with minmal sleep.  Enjoy mate.  Really happy for you.

Matt, sorry, I think I just missed that I had "subtract" mode turned on for my main marquee selection. Silly me, again.

Hmmm, mine seems to be working just fine and I don't think anyone has touched that area for a while? It's certainly using the same code as the current Affinity Photo 1.5 Beta and I'd imagine there would be a lot of people testing it there? Is it just one particular file or is it even on a new document?

Thanks!

Matt

• Had a baby daughter...

I got the beta and didn’t find the baby daughter update inside. This is false advertising, want a full refund. :D

Hi 00Ghz,

Not sure Matt explained where to locate the baby daughter update. It's a new panel located under the view menu - studio and choose baby daughter. 

hope this helps, ;)

Allan

post-9020-0-51504900-1478950943_thumb.jpg

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

Hi Tekikou,

To which format are you trying to export and what preset are you using?

Can you also attach the file here or upload it using this link please?

Thanks

Well, I don't have the opportunity to select a format because the crash occurs when the export window appears.

So currently I'm using the MAS version to export.

I've uploaded the file to your Dropbox. (sorry the file is big because of embedded images…)

Ставите ли вы в ваших Affinity Фото предпочтений "женский"?

Но будьте осторожны, вы можете забеременеть! В целях безопасности, после того, как 3-х детей, я удалил эту бета-версию с компьютера моей жены ;)  

привет Teo

У меня есть дочь 12 лет, но спасибо за предупреждение ;) , не уверен, что еще пересилить 2 девочки, было бы трудно для меня.

Hi 00Ghz,

Not sure Matt explained where to locate the baby daughter update. It's a new panel located under the view menu - studio and choose baby daughter. 

hope this helps, ;)

Allan

Word of caution: once you perform the baby daughter update, you can't downgrade. At least for 18 years or so...

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

• Staff

Well, I don't have the opportunity to select a format because the crash occurs when the export window appears.

So currently I'm using the MAS version to export.

I've uploaded the file to your Dropbox. (sorry the file is big because of embedded images…)

Hi Tekikou,

Try the following please:  create a new document then go to the File ▸ Export and change the Area dropdown to Whole document. Then open the original document and try to export again.

If this doesn't solve the issue, press and hold ctrl while launching the application from Launchpad then select Clear from the dialog that will open to reset the app.

You should now be able to export your file without issues.

Hi 

Not sure where to post this... I bought Designer early on, at a discounted rate, being sick of Adobe. When I tried to upgrade to this version, the App Store made me buy it again, rather than get the upgrade - which are meant to be free, forever... right?

Mac refunded my money when I complained, so all cool there, but now when I try to upgrade to 1.5.3, I am told "This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled."

Well, that's not cool at all! Affinity?

Phil

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.