You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

when ctrl+clicking, slightly movement triggers duplicating

When Ctrl+clicking to select the object, very tiny mouse movement triggers object duplication.

I've posted in Feature request here(https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/27620-disable-ctrldrag-duplicating-objects/), hoping  an option to disable ctrl+clicking to select objects.

TonyB said this is a bug, and suggested me to repost this problem here.

Any improvement is appreciated. Thank you.

• Staff

Hey seabirdr,

I've noticed you can make the mouse move a tiny bit before the object moves when snapping is on and you get a duplicate. I maybe wouldn't expect this. If I turn snapping off, the object moves with the mouse, even with a tiny movement. I would expect this to duplicate. 

Hey seabirdr,

I've noticed you can make the mouse move a tiny bit before the object moves when snapping is on and you get a duplicate. I maybe wouldn't expect this. If I turn snapping off, the object moves with the mouse, even with a tiny movement. I would expect this to duplicate. 

forgot to post my previous post. it is here: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/27620-disable-ctrldrag-duplicating-objects/

I have been drawing an android UI whole day with AD windows and surely snapping was turned on. When almost finished, I checked the layers&object and was shocked by so many repeating objects. Which I found late is caused by unwanted ctrl+dragging.

• Staff

Hey seabirdr,

Chris,

Tony suggested it needs to be a significant movement, and was a Windows bug.

It should only duplicate if the mouse moves a long way or you hold the mouse button down for a long time. What version and platform are you running on and what kind of pointing device are you using? 

If there is a problem then we should fix it instead of offering to disable it.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

This has been raised several times, the last of which is located here -> https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/25465-holding-ctrlclick-on-an-object-duplicates-it/

if you hold the mouse button down for longer than 250ms, it will think you're starting a drag, so will clone the objects if you have CTRL held.

This duration isn't unique to the Windows version.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.