You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

disable ctrl+drag duplicating objects

When Ctrl+click to select the object, very tiny mouse movement triggers object duplication. As a heavy ctrl+click selecting user, I'm annoyed by the thousands of unwanted repeating objects every where in my AD file.

I think using alt+click to duplicate object avoids this problem, which already available. So if I can disable Ctrl+Click+move duplicating, the trouble will disappear.

• Staff

When Ctrl+click to select the object, very tiny mouse movement triggers object duplication. As a heavy ctrl+click selecting user, I'm annoyed by the thousands of unwanted repeating objects every where in my AD file.

I think using alt+click to duplicate object avoids this problem, which already available. So if I can disable Ctrl+Click+move duplicating, the trouble will disappear.

It should only duplicate if the mouse moves a long way or you hold the mouse button down for a long time. What version and platform are you running on and what kind of pointing device are you using? 

If there is a problem then we should fix it instead of offering to disable it.

It should only duplicate if the mouse moves a long way or you hold the mouse button down for a long time. What version and platform are you running on and what kind of pointing device are you using? 

If there is a problem then we should fix it instead of offering to disable it.

It was Affinity Designer windows 1.5.0.29 and I was using logitech G100s mouse. I tried on another PC with a different mouse, got the same problem. Very slightly movement causes duplicating. I believe you can repeat it on your device.

In common situation, when a user use ctrl+click to select a object, he needs to move the mouse some distance. He very possible moves mouse very fast, untill the cursor arrives the target, then click. Here is the key, the moment he clicks, the mouse very likely doesn't fully stop. I guess this is what causes the slightly movement and triigers dragging by AD.

• Staff

The mouse shouldn't need to stop, it's a bug in the Windows version of Affinity. The macOS version works well so that's why this shouldn't be a new feature to disable it. If you make a post in the bug section of the Windows beta then they will fix it for you.

The mouse shouldn't need to stop, it's a bug in the Windows version of Affinity. The macOS version works well so that's why this shouldn't be a new feature to disable it. If you make a post in the bug section of the Windows beta then they will fix it for you.

Thanks for your help. I've reposted this porblem here:https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/27624-when-ctrlclicking-slightly-movement-triggers-duplicating/

Since ctrl+dragging and alt+dragging both duplicate objects. Normally I  choose one as daily use. the other one actually is abandoned. So an option to enable/diable them makes sense.