robertotarga

Can't find inpainting brush tool in trial version 1.4.3

I just installed trial version 1.4.3 of Affinity Designer Trial and tried to follow tutorial

Affinity Photo - Non-Destructive Inpainting and Cloning

but didn't find the same vertical tollbar. Which version do I need to have the non desctructive inpainting brush?

BTW the tutorial toolbar has some more tools that I don't find in the trial version.

TIA

Roberto Targa

Hello Roberto Targa

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. :)

Another user, obtusity, has given this model answer to something a lot like your question.

There are two Affinity programs, Affinity Photo (an image/photo manipulation program, think of the GIMP, Photoshop, or a photographer in his lab - but Affinity does it better of course) and Affinity Designer (a vector creation program, think of Inkscape, Illustrator, or a designer with paper, scissors, and a drafting table).

You are looking at a tutorial for one program, Affinity Photo (screenshot), which has the inpainting brush, but using the other program, Affinity Designer (screenshot), which does not? This confusion has shown up before, as not everyone initially sees all the details about both programs. It also explains the other differences you are asking about.

Get the trial version of Affinity Photo and you can follow it exactly as shown in the tutorial.

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform