When applying shear manually, the shift key doesn't do anything.

I think the shift key should constraint the shearing process in 5 deg. increments the same as when rotating any object.

What do other people think?

Regards

Shift+Rotate actually constrains the rotation to multiples of 15°, not 5°, but I agree that Shift+Shear should do more than just Shear on its own, and (even though Rotate and Shear are intimately connected) I like the idea of having a shear constraint which is finer than the rotate one.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher for Windows • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.8.4.186 • Designer for iPad 1.8.4.4 • iPadOS 13.7 (iPad Air 2)

Shift+Rotate actually constrains the rotation to multiples of 15°, not 5°, but I agree that Shift+Shear should do more than just Shear on its own, and (even though Rotate and Shear are intimately connected) I like the idea of having a shear constraint which is finer than the rotate one.

which steps could be controled in preferences panel (rotate, shear...).

Dell Inspiron 7559 i7    Windows 10 x64 Pro
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )    16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive    UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display