You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Relative position for child item

Hi atmuc

The X and Y values are absolute. You can use equations with them to change the positions relative to other values (such as by 20% or something).

An object inside of an object general is relative to the parent, however we also have the constraints feature which helps determine how child objects are anchored and scaled

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi The Assurer,

if i understand it correctly transform position (0,0) is always means world coordinates (0,0) even it is Nth child. constraints are great but i want to make inner object with fixed pad value by entering it from Transform position. 

i got used to use Unity 3D's transform, so i tried to do this way. it is not a "must", so i can live without it :-)

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-RectTransform.html

• 2 weeks later...

is it possible to use position value as relative to parent? Now child X, Y values are absolute position.

Hi "atmuc" and Affinity Designer team.

+1 for the request of the user "atmuc"

Relative positioning it's absolutely a must for a serious Mockup designing process!!

Best,

- Marco (mkdm)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.