lmartins

CMYK colours are quite off

I've complained about this before and was told this was somewhat normal because it was mimicking the paper color.

Well, in my machine at least I don't think it's producing the expected results, and im hoping this screenshot illustrates the problem:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f82f3d3q4ceisyo/Screenshot%202014-11-05%2007.30.02.png?dl=0

Affinity document at the left, finder at the right. The lighter area in the AD document is supposed to be white.

It is mimicking the paper colour (looks the same as Proof + Proof with paper colour in AI). However, it seems like most users find this off-putting - so we've actually disabled it in the current beta (beta section of the forum) - it might return as an option in the View menu in future..

Thanks,

AndyS

I get that, but I have the actually flyer impressed right beside my screen and it's way brighter on paper. On screen way, way "yellowish". Im on a Cinema Display 27" btw.

I agree - the ICC profile "paper colour" always looks weird - we started using it in 1.1.2 because supposedly it's "more correct" - but we now realise people hate it, so we've fixed it in the current beta. If you download the beta from the beta section of the forum, it will look how you expect again..

Thanks,

AndyS