You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Image and font sizes look odd

Hi All,

I have come across a strange one that I am hoping you can advise me on.

I have two documents, one in DrawPlus X8 and one in AD, which are both the same size at 1080 x 1080 pix.  When I insert a png image of 399 x 86 pix in DPX8 it looks fine in relation to the document size. However, when I place the same image in AD it is disproportionate to the document at a size of 1246.9 x 268.8 pix.

Similarly, font sizes are also disproportionate in AD. I insert a heading using Basic Sans Heavy SF at 48pt and it looks fine in relation to the document in DPX8 at a size of 606.55 x 76.64 pix, but in AD with the same font at 48pt the size becomes 1896.3 x 182 pix.

I have attached a couple of screenshots, but I am sure I am just being completely dense and there is a simple fix I am not seeing!

Kind regards

Neil

post-31990-0-41215700-1478350277_thumb.png  post-31990-0-41799800-1478350289_thumb.png

I think the "simple fix" you need is in the Document Setup dialog. It sounds as though you're using a DPI value of 300, so the pixel dimensions are more than three times as big as they are with the 96 DPI setting used by DrawPlus.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

You're welcome, Neil. It's very easy to be fooled by these things, especially when you're working with different default values.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.