You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free updates and the future of Affinity apps

Hi Serif,

I was just wondering how long the affinity free updates will continue??? I just bought Designer a month ago and was ready to purchase Photo, but decided to hold off for now... my fear is it'll eventually become an annual subscription with the price of the software slowly rising over the years... I just experienced that with Adobe's Creative Cloud -- they raised their subscription price by A LOT :( 

• Staff

There are no plans at all to move to a subscription. The free updates will happen for as long as version 1.x is in active development and at the moment we have a long way to go with both Designer and Photo before we are even going to start writing version 2.x, so I don't think you should be too concerned about not getting value for money at this point :)

Hope that eases some of your concerns,

Matt