You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems exporting to .pdf & using Save As command

Hi There

Affinity Designer seems to be having problems with both exporting to .pdf and using the Save As command. I get the error messages attached below.

1. The output folder could not be created when doing a save as...

2. There is a limit of 31 characters in the file name. This one is strange as I nearly always have file names longer than 31 characters...

Any ideas how I can both solve these problems or rescue the work?

Cheers

post-3512-0-42807800-1478220448_thumb.png

post-3512-0-36220500-1478220460_thumb.png

Reality is perception. Perception is reality. You are in charge of both.

iMac  |  21.5  |  Mid 2011                 MacBook Air  |  13 inch  |  Early 2015

2.5 GHz  |  i5 quad                          1.6 GHz  |  Core i5

20 GB Ram  |  10.12.6                     8 GB Ram  |  10.13.6

The file I am working with has art boards. When I copy and paste individual art boards and their contents into a new AD document and then delete the art board, I can then do both a save as command and a .pdf export. This rescues the work for now but defeats the use of art boards. Thanks for your input.

Cheers

iMac  |  21.5  |  Mid 2011                 MacBook Air  |  13 inch  |  Early 2015

• Staff

Hi Mediafuel,

Out of interest, which version of Mac OS are you running? When you have the Save window open, what happens if you use select the Mac OS HDD option on the left hand side or the system under Devices and then Mac OS and navigate to the same folder as before that you wish to save the file to.

The reason why is I found this post on the Apple support forums with a similar issue with Safari and seems to be an OS issue.

L

Hi Mediafuel,

Out of interest, which version of Mac OS are you running? When you have the Save window open, what happens if you use select the Mac OS HDD option on the left hand side or the system under Devices and then Mac OS and navigate to the same folder as before that you wish to save the file to.

The reason why is I found this post on the Apple support forums with a similar issue with Safari and seems to be an OS issue.

L

I am running 10.10.5 Yosemite. Strangely I now cannot recreate the issues anymore...

Thanks for taking an interest.

Cheers