You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

possible bug with export + opening simultaneously

So I have an issue with AP v 1.4.3 that perhaps is unique to my setup, but in fact is reproducible. When I export or save a large file to my NAS (over wifi) and during the export/save I attempt to open another large file (also over wifi), invariably the export stalls indefinitely and the menus become unresponsive necessitating a force quit. 

Michael

P.S. nothing obvious in the console logs either.

• Staff

Hi Michael,

This issue does seem more unique to your setup as I can't reproduce it using some large TIFF files (200MB+) and saving to my NAS over wifi. The second image did take around 16 seconds to load while the first file was still saving but both operations where completed and the program never became unresponsive.

What brand & model is your NAS? Some work better than others with OS X. Depending on how well they emulate the native OS X HFS+ file system internally, they may have trouble handling multiple simultaneous file operations reliably.

If yours is one of them, there may be a firmware upgrade available that will eliminate this kind of issue.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7