moonchou

I want to save my studio settings

Also, when I change my monitor setup (work 24"/home 27"/without external), studio palettes tend to drift to the middle of display. I would like to reset them to my favourite layout (colour/layers/info). Saved studio setting would help.

If possible to save settings, layout, keyboard-shortcut and sync with account would be better ;)

I’d like to see this in Affinity Designer 

I’d like to see this in Affinity Designer 

+ Photo + Publisher.

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive
UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED- Backlit Touch Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

I fell you... I've being syncing all my assets, shortcuts in a DropBox folder since I started using Affinity as my main application... and it sucks, because any change I do I have to remember to upload to the cloud and sometimes I just forget... however it is the best approach I've found for now. 

Like, today already! What a total waste of time and frustration having to reset these - and I've not figured out if even saving the toolbar after I've reconfigured it to fit my needs can be done. I love these programs, but the lack of these basic functionalities really put a damper on a should-be smooth creative experience.

+1 for this

• Save custom workspaces
  • Sync settings between suite apps

For example if I save presets and a studio layout in AF DESIGNER I would like to access these same things from Publisher. It's a little annoying to have to setup up every export preset twice. And rearrange all my panels every time a new version launches.

This is a request that has been around since (I'm almost sure) the apps were first released. I really can't believe that it is so difficult to implement. 

The information is obviously saved somewhere, so surely it's just a case of being able to keep different versions and re-load them as needed.

39 minutes ago, Izzy said:

+1 for this

• Save custom workspaces
  • Sync settings between suite apps

For example if I save presets and a studio layout in AF DESIGNER I would like to access these same things from Publisher. It's a little annoying to have to setup up every export preset twice. And rearrange all my panels every time a new version launches.

If you are on Windows, user @gabriel_komorov shared his batch file that does what I believe you asked for, check it out.

Thanks, CLC, but we shouldn't have to know computer-speak (if I wanted to be a programmer, I wouldn't be purchasing programs to assist me with my work! hehe) to do something that I truly think should be an innate bit of functionality. Shoot: even Microsoft allows you to customize your workspace and if they can do it. ... I actually fear making minor config changes.

16 hours ago, Tori said:

Thanks, CLC, but we shouldn't have to know computer-speak (if I wanted to be a programmer, I wouldn't be purchasing programs to assist me with my work! hehe) to do something that I truly think should be an innate bit of functionality. Shoot: even Microsoft allows you to customize your workspace and if they can do it. ... I actually fear making minor config changes.

I agree fully, but it's the only non-manual solution I currently know.
I guess it's better than not having any solution at all.

+1

architect · designer · developer · geek
Affinity Designer 1.7.2 / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2
Windows 10 Pro, version 1903, Build 18362.145