DavidMac

Inconsistent application of brackets to change brush size

The use of the square brackets to change brush size seems to be very haphazardly applied. 

Currently (or at least last time I checked a few weeks back) they don’t work in Liquify, Develop or Tone Map but do work in Photo Persona but rather irritatingly stop working when you enter Refine Mask or Selection mode.

To me it is axiomatic that short cuts be as global as possible. Having them appear and disappear can get a little irritating when they work in one place and not another. The Ctrl-Alt click and drag in image to change brush size is global and works in all of the above. I really think this should apply to the bracket keys as well

just to remind that not all keyboards even have bracket keys. I don't.

Good point. In point of fact I don't either, I use a French AZERTY keyboard. That doesn't alter their usefulness for those that do have bracket keys.

To get round this I use a third party app that reprograms my keyboard to produce non native output for apps such as AP and PS where it's useful to have non native keys.

just to remind that not all keyboards even have bracket keys. I don't.

You got me thinking Fixx!!  ;)

I just checked in Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts. You can re-programme the brackets for the various brush tools to be any key you like. So you could adapt to a Finnish keyboard.

But my original comment still stands - you can only do this for Photo persona. Not for anything else ...... which I think is a shame.