Hey all,

Firstly I'm loving the Workbook - currently making my way through to familiarise myself with AD. One thing I've noticed and is a little annoying if I want to play with some of the files is that some of the downloadable resources are 'locked'.

I can't see any way to unlock the document, or for that matter lock one. Is this intended, or am I simply missing a glaringly obvious 'protect document' option somewhere?

Hi blackboxideas,

Welcome to the forums.

The Layers may be locked, just click on lock icon on that layer and it will disappear, if you click the lock icon on the Layers tab at the top, with a layer selected it will lock the layer again. Let me know if you're having trouble with a particular one.

If you're referring to the samples on the Welcome screen, then yes these are locked to protect them from being edited and used.

Hey Lee D, thanks!

I was referring to some of the downloadable content from the Workbook i.e. 'tix1_ui_final'. The whole document is locked, I'm assuming to prevent these being used outside of the tutorials.

My question is really; is that the intended purpose, and is it possible for us to lock documents in the same way as I can't see any UI command to do so.

The files are locked before on purpose, the apps don't have an option to do this, it's done by our devs. You can lock the files in mac OS, this makes them read only. If you're sending the design, you can always send it as a flattened image, which would prevent anyone editing it.

Hi,

Suddenly when I save a file, the icon of the file appears with a lock, and the document cannot be shared with my colleague.
How can I eliminate this lock? Why this lock didn't appear since today?

Thank you,

G. Marinoni

Hi G. Marinoni & welcome to the forums!

Are you using the Mac or Windows version of Affinity Designer (or Affinity Photo)? Where are you saving the file, like to a folder in your user's home folder on a Mac or to some other location?

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

I use Windows, in my office.

By location, I meant where on some hard drive are these documents being stored.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

They are stored in the hard drive, and they are shared with my colleague by C:, users, public, public documents.

My colleague can do the same thing, sharing the files with me, but  their files are without lock...

They are stored in the hard drive, and they are shared with my colleague by C:, users, public, public documents.

My colleague can do the same thing, sharing the files with me, but  their files are without lock...

Is it possible your colleague opened the saved version of these shared files & has not yet closed them?

My colleague cannot see these my files because they are locked. They are visible only in my computer.

But when my colleague creates and saves files, I can see them in the shared folder, because they are not locked.