You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.5.0 - Beta 9)

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes, improvements

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: 1.5 Beta 9 Here

This is a beta of a substantial change to our codebase and as much as we have tried to ensure the quality of the code, it should be considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity in which you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is definitely worth noting that files created in Affinity Photo 1.5 cannot be opened in Photo 1.4 so always make a copy of your important documents before opening them in 1.5 to ensure you do not accidentally overwrite them and are unable to open them in your 1.4 version.

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

It's also worth noting that this beta is completely file-format compatible with the recently released Affinity Designer 1.5.1 in the Mac App Store - although the above disclaimer still applies!

Improvements & Fixes

- OpenEXR import / export improvements - including pass-through of unsupported data.
- New “Polar” mode for equations distortion filter.
- Denoise improvements in all document formats.
- More robust reading of sensor focus regions in Develop Persona.
- Denoise works properly in 32-bit documents.
- Macro page cosmetic improvements (partial, only tooltips).
- Small improvements to Mesh Warp tool.
- Equations filter cosmetic improvements.
- Small hintline improvements in some tools.
- OCIO / ICC improvements for 32bit documents.
- Fixed more Apply Image crashes.
- Improvements to stack alignment performance.
- Fixed leaked memory issue with panoramas.
- Avoid upside-down panoramas.
- Fixed inability to delete some Crop tool presets.
- Improved help.
- Localisation updates.
- Numerous other small cosmetic and stability fixes.

We are working on the Linked Layers functionality at the moment - it will be released soon. At that point, we will enter the release candidate phase for Photo 1.5.

Thanks again for taking the time to use this beta!

Affinity Photo Team     :ph34r:

[beta 9] Apply Image starts to apply, but the progress bar freezes and the application becomes unresponsive.  CMD-OPT-Esc to force quit shows Affinity Photo in the list, but there is no indication that it is not responding.

Apply Image works as expected when you apply image from an external image file.

kirk

• Staff

I'm updating the function list, as follows:

abs(n)

idiv(num,denom)     

irem(num,denom) or mod(num,denom)  

sq(n)      

sqrt(n)     

sin(angle)      

cos(angle)      

tan(angle)     

asin(n)     

acos(n)     

atan(n)     

atan2(a,b )    

round(n)    

roundup(n) or ceil(n)  

rounddown(n) or floor(n)

truncate(n) 

min(n1,n2,...nX)      

max(n1,n2,...nX)      

mid(n1,n2)      

average(n1,n2,...nX)  

lerp(a,b,t)     

clamp(n)

clamp(n,min,max) 

clampmin(n,min)

clampmax(n,max)

Note that some functions have two names (just for those who are less familiar with C).

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

• Staff

It seems that multiplication has to be explicit, am I wrong?

How do you mean?

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

kirkt, if you turn on Info from View → Studio before you Apply Image, you can see your AP working.  I do this when I am doing something that may take some time so that I know that AP is still working.  

@p_mac - Thank you for the suggestion - however, even if I simply do a channel replacement (like DR = SG), it shows the Apply Image progress bar as full, but the entire application is unresponsive waiting for the Apply Image to finish and return control to the user.  The actual processing is depicted in the preview of the operation, but making it a permanent change by clicking the Apply button triggers the problem.

kirk

Kiki, sorry to hear that my suggestion did not solve your problem. I played with Apply Image for a bit today and got some.very interesting masks and results from it. I used everything from a simple jpg to a very large complex pano.

And it did not crash once. Awesome.

Kiki, sorry to hear that my suggestion did not solve your problem. I played with Apply Image for a bit today and got some.very interesting masks and results from it. I used everything from a simple jpg to a very large complex pano.

And it did not crash once. Awesome.

No problem - I'm sure it will get sorted, just noting it here for the Devs.

kirk

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.