You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tools turn on/off with each click

Weird. Weird. Weird.

For some unknown reason, my tools (left of screen) started to appear and disappear with each click.This is with "dock tools" unchecked. If I dock the tools, it works fine, but I prefer using 2 columns and docking only allows me 1 column.

I have tried:

• Restarting while holding down control key.

•Removing 'com.seriflabs.affinityphoto.plist' and restarting.

•Deleting the app and re-downloading from Apple.

No change.

Any ideas or suggestions?

MelG

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you. - Oscar Wilde

• Staff

MelG,

Which version of which Affinity application (I assume Photo 1.4.3) are you using on which operating system please?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I have 2 columns of Tools and they are Docked.  Not sure why yours won't let you Dock with 2 columns.

i'm guessing it may have to do with a system file, LilleG, because it worked on beta 7 but now Beta 8 does the same thing as 1.4.3. :unsure:

MelG

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you. - Oscar Wilde

MelG,

Which version of which Affinity application (I assume Photo 1.4.3) are you using on which operating system please?

Hiya Patrick Connor.  Yep, I'm using Photo 1.4.3 on Sierra !0.12.1. Also, check my note to LilleG.

MelG

Okay, so I found a work around that I can work with.

Apparently, this phenomenon only happens if I have the screen set to full screen. Turning off full screen removes the clicking turning the tools on and off.  FYI, the same works for the beta 8.

Still not sure why it happens on full screen though. :blink:

MelG

• Staff

Hi MelG,

I can reproduce this issue, it would seem it only occurs with mac OS Sierra but it does effect both Designer and Photo. I've passed this over to the developers to look into.

Thanks for letting us know.

L

Hi MelG,

I can reproduce this issue, it would seem it only occurs with mac OS Sierra but it does effect both Designer and Photo. I've passed this over to the developers to look into.

Thanks for letting us know.

L

Thanks, Lee D. So glad you could reproduce it, and it wasn't just me.

So I guess I don't have to buy a new computer. ;)

MelG

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya Lee D.

Running Photo Beta 1.5 (RC 1) and the fix hasn't made it in yet. Any idea when it might get fixed. Not being pushy.... just anticipating. ;)

MelG

• 1 month later...

Running Sierra with Affinity Photo 1.5.1.  The tools totally disappear, leaving a useless program.  Restarts, quits, other photos, etc. do no good.  I re-download the app from the App store, reinstall it and it will work one time then the tools will disappear permanently again.  The tool box is tiny (1/2" x 1/2") and empty.  Any suggestions?

post-42009-0-60737000-1484263414_thumb.png

Hi Dnola

Welcome to the forum :)

If you click View>Docked Tools does this help? If not please hold down the CTRL key while opening the app until a reset menu appears. If you click Select All and then Clear the program will reset to defaults which may hopefully solve your issue.