You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there, just wondering if we're going to see a way of converting brush strokes to outline, in fact... making the whole outlining of artwork easier? Or am I missing something?

At the moment having created a pattern with a new brush stroke I cannot convert to fill or outline it.

thank you for any suggestions

r

• Staff

Hi rickydk,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Only (pure) vector based brushes in Designer (the Basic category) can be converted/expanded to outlines/paths. All the other use images/textures as the base for the brush and cannot be converted to paths.

Note that Affinity Photo doesn't have any vector based brushes, only Designer.

Thank you for the reply, I'm using Affinity designer, have created a vector brush but having drawn a fern image using the new brush stroke I want to then make it bigger and smaller in duplication, this of course cannot be down whilst the brush stroke remains as a stroke. Thought I might have been able to break the strokes down, after having made them, to outlines, but not had any luck so far!

Lovely programme though (note english/uk spelling!) I've used illustrator for twenty five years so this is taking a bit of getting used too - Adobe is too expensive for my needs now and Affinity Designer, other than the odd problem, is perfect for my occasional needs.

• 3 years later...

Ricky, I am not sure if you've noticed this, but you can scale brush strokes by toggling the scale with object check box in the "Stroke" panel. That will allow for you to scale your fern to any size you wish without losing the integrity of the illustration.