You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Outline mode on the layer level

Your outline option for the entire doc is much appreciated, but in Illustrator I could outline on the layer level. Thus I could change a certain layer to outline and clearly see it as I compared it with layers which were not in outline. I realize that this could entail complicating the layer palette, but perhaps it is not necessary to see it as another symbol on each layer. It would be clear from just looking at the doc.

A bit more explanation might help explain this. I am preparing a complex map with multiple pinches for an app, i.e., with various sized fonts, more info with each pinch, etc. to be exported as SVGs. To be able to "isolate" certain layers in outline and then compare them with other non-outline layers would be a big help.

Good point!

I've just returned to working in a pre-press role for a packaging company & their main app is Illustrator, I use the outline at layer level regularly.

They are also tied in to Illustrator, because of packaging plug ins by Esko that are exclusively developed for Illustrator… https://www.esko.com/en/products/deskpack