You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A fatal error occurred while creating a TLS server credential. The internal error state is 10008.

I have started getting this error twice at every startup since immediately following installation of RC3: 

A fatal error occurred while creating a TLS server credential. The internal error state is 10008.

Is there anything in Affinity Designer for Windows that could be causing this? I couldn't find anything from googling it so it would appear to be a very uncommon problem. I have no idea what it means.

I have Windows 10 Pro ver 1607 build 14393.351 and NVidia GTX 960 v375.70 graphics

Mark, just because it isn’t an Affinity error message does not mean it is not caused by something inside Affinity. TLS is a protocol used by encrypted communications over the Internet. Since AD always checks if there is a new Beta available, it is perfectly conceivable this message is related to Affinity, albeit indirectly. If anything, it should not be causing a fatal error in Affinity.

See this link on TLS under Windows.

I agree, but we haven't got a method for reproducing this, and nothing about checking for a new beta has changed in RC3, and no other user has mentioned this, so chances are, this is caused by a change in the user's machine. Anti-virus / anti-malware are capable of bringing down an application as they inject themselves into the running process, so if there is a problem in that software, it can bring down our application. We've seen it before on this forum when someone had a piece of video capture software installed. There was nothing we could do to fix the issue, other than recommend that they uninstall the offending software. I also sent a bug report off to the manufacturers of the video capture software.

I have started getting this error twice at every startup since immediately following installation of RC3: 

Is there anything in Affinity Designer for Windows that could be causing this? I couldn't find anything from googling it so it would appear to be a very uncommon problem. I have no idea what it means.

I have Windows 10 Pro ver 1607 build 14393.351 and NVidia GTX 960 v375.70 graphics

Hi, can you look in %APPDATA%\Affinity\Designer\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports and see if there are any files in there? If there are, can you attach them to this post so I can take a look?

Hello Mark, there are no crash reports. I have gone back through Windows logs and this error started immediately after installing RC3. There were no other installations in that session, and the error started on the next login. And has been there consistently ever since. Every time I log into Windows. The frustrating thing is that I have no idea what it means, and Googling it shows up nothing.

Hello Mark, there are no crash reports. I have gone back through Windows logs and this error started immediately after installing RC3. There were no other installations in that session, and the error started on the next login. And has been there consistently ever since. Every time I log into Windows. The frustrating thing is that I have no idea what it means, and Googling it shows up nothing.

You get an error when you log into Windows?

OK, then that is nothing to do with Affinity Designer, as we don't run any code at startup / logon etc. We only run code when you open the executable (clicking the shortcut, opening a file etc). I can only assume it's a coincidence that you installed Affinity Designer and started receiving these errors around the same time. I thought you were referring to a crash that occurred inside our application after you had run it.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.