You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

While I'm still waiting for the update to photo so I can use it with designer :rolleyes: , mainly the perspective tool in photo, I have started trying to use photo for text but photos text tool has jagged edges, don't know why, while designer has smooth ( I use them both the same way, the only way as far as I can see). I need the perspective tool for 3D effects but I can't use it anyhow with this problem. (see screen shots taken from both apps)

I thought it might be the font style but I've tried changing it in both photo & designer & it's no different.

Thanks in advance for any help.

See right side is very jagged in photo.                                            Same 3D box, front M also jagged but not as bad as side (zoomed in view with photo)      

mbox.png   m_ruff.png   

M from designer is smooth (see below)                        Zoomed in on M with designer.

m_smooth_de.pngm_smoth_de.png

Affinity photo 1.8.3   Affinity Designer  1.8.3   Affinity publisher 1.8.3 

iMac (Retina 4k,21.5-inch,late 2015) 3.3GHZ Intel core i7, Intel Iris pro Graphics 6200 1536, 16 GB Ram. (not a Mac snob)

Thanks for the reply.

Can't find pixel preview mode at the moment to see what you mean.

I always use 300 dpi to start a new file.

Have to admit, still a bit lost....Looks like I need to clue myself up more...

This is the 3d box exported as a PNG file, & the file was set up with 300 DPI. Still looks a bit rough.

3d_ss_png.png

iMac (Retina 4k,21.5-inch,late 2015) 3.3GHZ Intel core i7, Intel Iris pro Graphics 6200 1536, 16 GB Ram. (not a Mac snob)

The file size I set was 800 px x 500 px.                                   The file info says 

Screen_Shot_2016_10_29_at_17_24_39.png                file_size.png

I've found pixel persona! 2nd from the left but no pixel preview mode.....I dunno  :rolleyes: 

Yes, the file was a screen shot of the info from the saved png file.

So I'll have to make the file bigger then if it gets rid of the jagged edge..

No problem, I just won't use the pixel preview  :D

Thanks for your help...