You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.5 - Beta 7)

I'm getting a reproducible crash when trying to create a focus stack with the images linked below. I first came across it a beta version or two back but its still happening now so its probably unreported by others so far.

They're not the best candidates for a focus stack (I was just playing around with the feature and some macro shots I took in the garden) but they shouldn't completely crash the program ;)

Dropbox link

Sorry if the file is a bit big (66MB - they're tiffs) but I wanted to send them as is, in case its an issue with the file format or something.

Hope it helps :)

Is this as to be expected or just my set up?  I don't know if this is because I am running macOS 10.12 beta  (macOS 10.12.1 (16B2555) to be exact) but batch mode used to  open several very large layered Photoshop documents and saved as Affinity Photo documents shows all the signs of working right down to the time taken and green ticks appearing one after the other but no files appear, neither in the original folder nor if an alternative destination folder is selected.  This on a new Mac Pro 6 Core.  Tested on external RAID 0 via Thunderbolt as well as on internal SSD.

I love the new Equations filter.

However, we should have a button to show a pop-up with all the available variables (I already found the w and h variables for width and height of the document, for example).
Also, we should have a reference of all the functions allowed. Are there any INT or MOD functions, for instance?

• Staff

rui_mac,

The Equations Filter is currently based on the code for the standard text field expression parser - used in, for example, the Transform Panel.

Until now, the functions you describe have been of little use in those situations - but now they are, so we will of course add them :)

Thanks,

Andy.

ps. Did you find "ox" and "oy" for the "origin" (which you set by dragging)?

This is fun :-)
Here is a little X axis wavy expression.
The A parameter controls the size of the wave (setting it to the largest value the waves are set to the width of the document.)

The B parameter controls the amount of waves (the maximum is set to 20 but that can easily be changed in the expression.)

Screen_Shot_2016_10_30_at_16_56_21.jpg

We should have a way to save expressions to be able to re-use them.

That's nice rui_mac,

But if you substitute 20 for c then you can control this formula with a, b, and c sliders:

x+sin((y/h*(360*c)*b ))*(a*w)

Regards

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Yes, I know :)
But the slider always range from 0 to 1.
It would be nice to be able to set a range for the A, B and C parameters.
As I said before, as they are now, they go from 0 to 1. That is nice, because it is a normalizes span.
But if we could set a range, even if for display only, and have a readout for each slider, that would be great.
Of course, this would only be really effective if we could save expressions for re-use.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.