You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush paints outside(!) of Brush

Hi all,

I am really annoyed by this. I am using a standard blurry brush for painting in mask layers for instance, but when I try to apply the effects at the edges of areas this effect is really getting in my way.

The attached image shows the effect of painting with a soft circular brush on a white layer. The brush itself is seen as the circle in the image which lies inside of the effect it produces. I cannot imagine that it is really intended to be this way.

Is there any way of limiting the effect to the inside of the brush cursor, so that one can anticipate the actual brush effect?

Cheers

Frank

post-13761-0-60439000-1477629985_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi Broicher

Apparently this is by design. I'm not a massive fan of it either. I;m going to move this to our feature requests section as I feel this can be improved

Is there any update on the status? I think the suggestion that GJN made is pretty good (adding a second ring that shows the maximum extension of the brush effect).

Cheers

Frank