Sarmishta

Crash when I try to save file

Hi Sarmishta,

Is this happening only with this file or you can reproduce the crash with other files too?

I was referring to/requesting the afdesign file not the crash report (that one i already got from your first post).

You can use this link to upload it to my Dropbox account if you don't want to post it publicly. Please add you forum's username (@Sarmishta) to the file's name so i can easily identify it.

any update on this bug? I also saw another thread on the Beta version that deals with crashes related to font and load, etc. I did add a number of new fonts when I started working on the attached file. Could this have triggered the crash while working with text? would this beta version help resolve the problem?

I tried the Beta just now. Does the same thing when I try to save a document, realised it crashes even on Autosave. wondering if its worth switching out of Affinity since I've already invested a lot of time in trying to get this problem fixed and am stalled on my work front. 

thanks MEB. I tried to open a new document and copied the layers one by one, tried saving as i did it. No issues with that. Let me work on the new file and see if it imitates the problems in the old one. 

HI Sarmishta

MEB passed me the file to look into. The crash you are getting is due to the history being saved with the document. I seems that you are adding entries that push the older ones off and then causes the crash when saving. There are a couple of ways round this, you can turn off save history with file or in the Performance section of the Preferences dialog you can increase the undo limit and this should prevent the crash from occurring. 

I'll make sure all this get updated in our log

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

This will be fixed by saving you file without history.  Just changing the undo limit will not fix this in this instance.

Load your document, turn off saving of history under the File menu, then do a Save-As to a new file.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

Thanks folks for the help. Yes, Ive turned off the "save history" option.Is there any specific advantage with keeping it on? In my case, I know its a sure disadvantage, so I'll follow upper protocol. Do keep me posted once this bug is fixed. 

--S