You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reopen document on startup

At the moment AD opens with one file that I am working on opened.

Then I open another file and close AD.

When I start AD again it again opens only the first file as before. It seems to forget about the second open file.

Is this due to the wording of the setting "Reopen document on startup" in preferences? Does it explicitly mean it will open only one document?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• Staff

Are you closing the app using the applications close button (not each document using each windows own Close button). Is the document edited at all or not? A recipe would help.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Are you closing the app using the applications close button (not each document using each windows own Close button). Is the document edited at all or not? A recipe would help.

It doesn't matter wether I edit the secondly opened document or not.

I usually close AD by clicking on the top right X of the main window.

I tried File > Exit and it behaves the same.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

I can confirm this behavior. Only the first document will be opened.

Win10 HP i7 - AD (Win), AP (Win), APub (Win), AD (iPad), AP (iPad),
Affinity Photo for iPad Pro - the best app I ever had
excuse my bad English

Same here, only the first document opens no matter how many other documents were opened when I close AD using the both File>Exit or the cross in the top right of the AD window.

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

• Staff

Thanks, Patrick, but to be fair it only says 'Reopen document on startup' not documents. ;)

I'll report the typo then too ;)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thanks, Patrick, but to be fair it only says 'Reopen document on startup' not documents. ;)

I want to add, that in the german language version it also says 'Dokument beim Start erneut öffnen'. It should read "Dokumente ...'

d.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.