You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[UPDATED!] DAUB Essentials for Affinity Designer - 114 Tools and 40 Textures

paolo.limoncelli

Updated! To purchase click the picture below!

DAUB_20Affinity_20Essentials.jpg

A comprehensive collection of tools for Affinity Designer, including raster brushes, inkers for the Vector Paintbrush Tool  and textures.

All this media is suitable for professional work: acquired form real media and carefully crafted for the best painting experience with professional graphic tablets and monitors.

DAUB Essentials for Affinity Designer includes:

DAUB Acrylics

12 Brushes for vector strokes, 16bit capable

DAUB_20Acrylics_20.jpg

DAUB Canvas

12 Brushes for vector strokes, 16bit capable

DAUB_20Canvas_20.jpg

DAUB Inkers

28 Inks for vector strokes, with high resolution and seamless features

DAUB_20Affinity_20Inkers.jpg

DAUB Pencils MkII

16 Pencils improved and fine tuned

DAUB_20Affinity_20Pencils.jpg

DAUB Verve

18 Painting tools, ideal for concept and art work

DAUB_20Affinity_20Verve.jpg

DAUB Pastello

16 Dry and Moist media tools

DAUB_20Affinity_20Pastello.jpg

DAUB Washes

12 Watercolour washes with an incredible analog feeling and painting expierience

DAUB_20Affinity_20Washes.jpg

DAUB Papers

40 Seamless textures, crafted for both paper overlay and brush customisation, available as Assets.

Want to see more?

Grab the guide

Pay attention before picking these tools 

Affinity Designer 1.5.x supports all resources included 

Affinity Photo 1.5.x supports only DAUB Pencils, Pastello, Verve and Washes

For any further question please ask!

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

Downloaded and installed them no problem. They are beautiful. Thank you for the papers too ( I was looking for something like them). When you say not to use with Affinity Photo until 1.5x, Paolo, are the 1.5 betas ok?

Many Thanks!

Yes! As Meb previously said these are suitable for AP too, but you need the beta version.

Obviously Inkers not yet since are mapped strokes and work with AD only.

What I don't know is Serif planned to include Assets Studio into AP too...

I decided to use Assets to share papers since I think it is the best way to do it: you can drag, resize, change scale of the pattern, rotate it with the Fill Tool.

Waiting for a Pattern/Texture proper Studio...   :P

DAUB Papers will reach the number of 80 as I complete them.

PS. Any update to this pack will be free!

Just got mine Paolo; I'm away from my laptop and Wacom but I can't wait to use these!! Do u offer this for ProCreate on iPad Pro ?

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Paolo the Brushes Wizard does it again! sorcerer.gif

Mozilla Firefox decided to play silly tricks with the PayPal and Gumroad windows, but I got there in the end. I'm looking forward to trying them out very soon. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thank you all guys for your support!

I'll improve this this set adding new tools as I get rid of them  ;)

Just got mine Paolo; I'm away from my laptop and Wacom but I can't wait to use these!! Do u offer this for ProCreate on iPad Pro ?

I'm working on a Procreate set, all my CSP customers asked for it...

I can share with you some prototypes I shared with some artists

Drop me an email!

Dang, I just saw this. Purchased last night from the link you sent out on Twitter. Treat yourself to something nice with that extra tiny bit of cash you made.  :P :lol: :P :lol:

OMG! I made it much more visible (even if horrible...)

Going to send you a small present!  ;)

Seriously awesome set Paolo!!

Having a fun blast trying them out. Can't wait to start using them on something real soon.

With all of these incredible brushes adding up we really need, now more than ever, a way to create our own organized favourite panels to drag and drop all of our most used brushes in one place. Part of the thing with all of these great choices is being able to get to them quickly. :)

That being said, great job Paolo! There you go making us all look good,... again.  ;)

edit - forgot to mention the textures too.... awesome!

Hey Paolo, quick question on the textures.

Is there a way to swap textures without dragging a new one out and sizing and positioning it? Something like - select the current texture in the document, select the new texture in the asset panel, click replace texture and boom the new texture auto fills the space in the document previously occupied by the previous texture. Would make for some fast experimenting. If it's not possible no worries just thought I'd ask.

Love the asset route for handling this, it works well as far as I've played with it...

A quick texture setup.

Can really see the possibilities of this. It's nice to have all of these tools and the flexibility built right inside of Designer now. Yeah baby!

post-305-0-82585200-1477604775_thumb.png

I'm working on a Procreate set, all my CSP customers asked for it...

Can Clip Studio Paint use Procreate brushes, or have I misunderstood? (I've only recently acquired a copy of CSP, so I'm not very familiar with it yet.)

Alfred spacer.png

Thank you Kevin!

Yep a way to star/flag favourite tools and recollect them into a custom palette will be very welcome.

My experience with digital illustrators and designers is that they (like me...) tend to collect a huge amount of resources and media, that they customise/group/categorise or even freeze to recall when needed. Effective usage is of 3/4 tools at time, but they want to own 500  :)

A very strong and consistent categorisation system and management of resources will improve dramatically the perception of an application, since today only Corel Painter and CSP seems to have something close to real shared in-app resource management (even if far from being refined).

What I'd love to see is the implementation of something which can track for example the presence of updated tools, notify this and grab only the new ones.

I guess that something could be able when the scripting/plugin documentation will be exposed.

Hey Paolo, quick question on the textures.

Is there a way to swap textures without dragging a new one out and sizing and positioning it? Something like - select the current texture in the document, select the new texture in the asset panel, click replace texture and boom the new texture auto fills the space in the document previously occupied by the previous texture. Would make for some fast experimenting. If it's not possible no worries just thought I'd ask.

Love the asset route for handling this, it works well as far as I've played with it...

Not yet possible unfortunately...

I think that a Pattern/Texture Studio is very needed in order to recall these from the Brush Editor and Fill/Stroke/Layer FX etc... And it is on the same path I described above.

Today the Assets panel is the best way to use these.

The option was to share unbounded PNG but it sounds to me a bit "unprofessional".

Can Clip Studio Paint use ProCreate brushes, or have I misunderstood? (I've only recently acquired a copy of CSP, so I'm not very familiar with it yet.)

No, totally different, but I had in the past two months something like 90 requests.

So it seems that CSP users own Procreate too, so they asked me to port there some tools I have in my DAUB for CSP collection.

This will not be a problem for DAUB for Affinity since iOS and Desktop as Ash, Andy, Matt and the other guys said it will share the very same brush definitions.  :)

Can Clip Studio Paint use Procreate brushes, or have I misunderstood? (I've only recently acquired a copy of CSP, so I'm not very familiar with it yet.)

No, totally different, but I had in the past two months something like 90 requests.

So it seems that CSP users own Procreate too, so they asked me to port there some tools I have in my DAUB for CSP collection.

Thanks for the clarification, Paolo. Greatly appreciated! :)

Alfred spacer.png

Cheers Paolo for your informative and insightful answers to some of these questions. I agree a favourite/flag/star system would go a long way towards starting to give users a way to organize all of this awesomeness!  ;)

Would love to see also some sort of pattern/texture dedicated panel!

Purchased, these look terrific!

I'm having a problem installing the Papers set for some reason... it keeps saying "The file appears to be corrupted." 

I made sure to update to the latest version, and the brushes all installed fine... any ideas?

i7OGG2P.png

• 4 weeks later...