Sign in to follow this  
paolo.limoncelli

Brush cursor persistence

I'm finding that in AD 1.5 the brush cursor remains even when I've moved the cursor up into the tool bars, menus, etc. It doesn't switch back to being an arrow, and you can't see what your hovering over, just the brush preview cursor. 

Is this what you're experiencing?

I'm using the latest 1.5.3 download from the App Store and I'm having the issue above, ie. when in the Pixel Persona the brush preview stays even when hovering over a panel, which makes selecting/adjusting anything very tricky. It seems to be more of a problem when not in separated windows, but it affects both at one time or another. 

On a related issue, I also can't seem to turn off the brush previews, regardless of the setting in the preferences.

Same problem with me. It is quite impossible to change something in the menus or preferences. I hope this gets fixed soon. 

On a related note I also strongly wish to be able to turn of the brush preview (the prefences says I can but it does not change) as I much prefer a simple crosshair. The brush preview is distracting. Also I noticed that the preview of the stroke does not rotate with the brush, if for instance a brush shape follows the direction of the line, the preview remains unchanged, which is very inconvenient.

Seems to be still occuring for me on AD in Windows (Pixel Persona) - in prefs I've got 'Show Brush Previews' disabled and 'Always Show Brush Crosshair' enabled but largely seeing either brush preview without crosshair or brush preview with... tinkering with prefs/reboots etc. seem to have no effect.

Puzzling!

Seems to be still occuring for me on AD in Windows (Pixel Persona) - in prefs I've got 'Show Brush Previews' disabled and 'Always Show Brush Crosshair' enabled but largely seeing either brush preview without crosshair or brush preview with... tinkering with prefs/reboots etc. seem to have no effect.

Puzzling!

I'm not seeing the brush cursor persistence problem here in build 1.5.2.58 of AD on Windows, but I don't seem to be able to turn on the brush crosshair or turn off the brush preview.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

it's an odd one - I tend to only see the preview/crosshair under a round brush setting, but swapping to a non-round, textured brush removes the crosshair but just maintains the persistence of that profile. W10/R7 graphics.

Just out of interest, I tried it on my tiny HP laptop and its exhibiting precisely the same behaviour.

Update - this evening I discovered the existence of the AD beta, and the bug is still present.

Edited by whitehead