You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What's up with that Billboard example

so there is this famous example - 

of placing a picture to audition how it looks / some kind of live mock up feature...

the thing is - even in this example it looks like the picture has different perspective on the billboard (even though it's not perfect...) but I don't find any information on how to do this in Affinity designer.

what am I missing here?

It's possible to do a simple distortion in Affinity Designer using Shear - with the Move tool, select the object then hover the mouse near (not over) the control handle on the middle one of the sides and you should see an up & down arrow for vertical sides and a left & right arrow for horizontal sides.

However, as I discovered to my disappointment, Designer cannot yet pull in corners independently in a similar fashion to create a perspective warp. At least not as far as I could see.