You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

.svg imports as transparent

My apologies if this has an obvious answer, but I'm scratching my head...

I have imported all sorts of files into AD but .svg files stump me. Whether I copy/paste, drag or place, I get the same result: the file comes in as transparent on a transparent background. no problem with the background, but shouldn't the original colours show? Here is an example source file:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:UPenn_logo.svg

Subsidiary question:

Is it better to rescale from a large file or a 'nearly there' file? Assuming I don't have access to a .svg but I want a clean logo of, say 100px. Am I better to 'tweak' a 120px original or a 500px one?

Thanks!

Second question first while I await AD to open...

If vector like the UPenn logo, sizing can be done before export or during by setting the size and forgetting what the DPI values say.

This SVG file. I don't open SVG files too much in AD. But yes, this one comes in with a clip that hides the filled parts. You need to select it and delete it.

post-255-0-77552700-1477419120_thumb.png

Once that is done, it all appears as it should be.

post-255-0-07401100-1477419161_thumb.png

I haven't open the file in an editor to see if the coordinates are simply being misread or misinterpreted by AD.