I recently bought the Affinity Designer Work book. In the pages there are resources that I'm supposedly allowed to access and it is written such as: example.afdesign  

Does anyone know where I'm supposed to get access to this? I'm on windows also and I have the Windows beta version for Affinity. Would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Yes in the start of the chapter there is a web address: affin.co/xyz that serves up to a zip file

So to get the named resource, you download the file and see example.afdesign inside it : 

Example:

affin.co/lace

A bit late, but a bit of trial and error found the core skills files at: https://affin.co/coreskills

(Just noticed this is listed on the Chapter title page, but it is really hard to read the text on a green background!)