You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where are the WorkBook Project Resource links?

I think everyone who has used the book has this problem.  Place the address in the search bar at the top of the page, not the Google search bar.

This question has been answered before but you may have to try a different search to check that I am correct as I used the workbook several months ago and then broke my leg and couldn't  'comfortably' use my desktop computer.

• Staff

Hi Betty,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
There is an explanation of how to get the resources at the start of the book, on page 9 on the right. Each chapter's files are provided on the beginning of each chapter/subchapter only. You can easily locate the link looking for the two overlapping files/documents icon on a blue background. For example take a look at page 140 on top: that link contains all the files needed for that chapter. Enter the full URL as appear there on your browser's URL field to download the zip file, unzip it to a folder then use each file as referenced on each page for that chapter (the purple file references on the top of each page inside that chapter).

You can find all links/subchapters on pages 86, 140, 156, 174, 188, 200, 226, 248, 266, 290, 314, 340, 366, 388, 406, 424, 448.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I have just received this book and at first thought I had exactly the same problem as all O got was a Page 404 Error.

It wasn't until afterwards that I realised that a .zip file had been downloaded.

Wouldn't it be better to have a message (other than Page 404 Error) to let us know that a file had been downloaded, it would be helpful to us and you in stopping us asking the same questions?

Just a thought.

1 hour ago, Richard49 said:

Wouldn't it be better to have a message (other than Page 404 Error) to let us know that a file had been downloaded

Any messages that you might get after a successful download will depend on your browser. You shouldn’t have got a 404 error unless the resource you were trying to access (not necessarily a page!) wasn’t found.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4 (iPad 7th gen)

• 7 months later...
4 hours ago, Francis Jevons said:

I can access the https://affin.co/search the woods but how do achieve the next stage by  choosing the search-the-woods.afphoto for the Document set upon AAa Photowork book P.318?Thank you

On page 316 (first edition page reference, yours may be different), note that in the Resource box at the top of the page, it says that this is a snapshot named "Document Setup." Also, in the "Before you get started section, it says you can follow along by viewing named snapshots saved with the project file.

Near the beginning of the workbook (on page 9 in my copy) there is more info about snapshots, including how to show & use the Snapshots Studio panel.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.0 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have exactly the same problem. I try to reach the urls suggested in the Affinity Photo workbook for resources and get anything. I found a folder in my downloads, opened it went to the English US folder. Folder Properties show 11 files can't see anything in them . I've recently bought Designer and Publisher for Desktop too. Am I going to get the same issue?

57 minutes ago, elkman28 said:

I have exactly the same problem. I try to reach the urls suggested in the Affinity Photo workbook for resources and get anything. I found a folder in my downloads, opened it went to the English US folder. Folder Properties show 11 files can't see anything in them . I've recently bought Designer and Publisher for Desktop too. Am I going to get the same issue?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. Please refer to the FAQ entry, and make sure you enter the URLs exactly as shown in the book, into the address bar of your browser (not into a search box).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4