You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Undo Button

Hello

I am really enjoying drawing and pixel painting on my Tablet.

I have a Assus and remove my keyboard so that I can draw or paint more freely.

I know this product is not meant for tablets, but it does perform wonderfully.

My only problem is that to Undo, I must enter the File Menu each time.

A undo or even the option to personalize the menu bar and add such a button would be great.

I think PC/Tablets hybrids will become more popular especially among artist and designers.

Who can afford a Wacom Tablet these days. My cheap Assus Tablet runs Affinity wonderfully, except for a undo button.

Thanks  for a wonderful product.

• 3 months later...

Graphissste, I agree with you completely. I like to experiment with things as I work on a project. Experimenting usually ends up in having to Undo the action, and always going into Edit first is an unneeded extra step. Just about every designing software program out there has Undo/Redo Buttons on the Toolbar. I wonder how Affinity creators of both Designer and Photo decided against them? If they aren't for it, then put the option in Customise Toolbar (like you suggested). Ease-of-use should be a priority, and having to go to Edit first or use Ctrl+Z is not as convenient as single-clicking an Undo icon.

Edit: Oval, yeah, I forgot about the History Panel. Using it to undo actions definitely is as convenient as an undo button would be. Thanks for the reminder!

I would guess that an Undo button is not going to be added but here are some of the previous threads about it. For me personally, I feel it is unneeded with the exception of for someone with disabilities or for the iPad. Maybe Oval is right and because of the Touch bar it will find its way into the Affinity lineup? 

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/16884-please-create-an-undo-and-redo-button/?hl=%2Bundo+%2Bbutton

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/28446-missing-undo-button/?hl=%2Bundo+%2Bbutton