You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 1/11/2021 at 8:06 PM, wonderings said:

There is a preview view which turns off and hides all bleed in Publisher. On a Mac it is ^w

Yes, thank you. I tried it in Publisher, and it works perfectly found a bug already. But my initial question was about Designer, as the topic conversation suggests.

• 6 months later...
On 8/25/2021 at 8:15 AM, Felipe FM said:

Any news on bleed preview?

Show Bleed is available in AD & APub on the View menu. It is not available in AP but if you have either of the other apps & enable showing bleed in either of them, it will show if the file is opened in AP.

Note that the bleed color can be set in Document Setup in AD or APub -- if you have trouble seeing it, select a bright color.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I'm guessing this post is aimed at Designer bleed, in which case, single page designer documents (non Artboard) can view bleed as you would expect, but Artboard document can't view bleed - this has been requested since the first version of designer that supported muti-pages... well not pages, artboards which to my understanding, act as a kind of mask so maybe not easy to build in support for bleed, I've also had problems in the past with trying to export Artboard documents to PDF/x from designer and get usable bleed for the odd print job - thankfully as soon as Pub came along my bleed problems were solved. If I remember right, I think proper bleed guides was on the roadmap so it is possible that they plan to address the problem at some point?   

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk