You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer crashed after I added a large object to the Assets panel which was located on a second display.  Now Designer crashes on launch and I want to uninstall before re-installing the app.  

Questions:   Can I save all my Assets before uninstalling?  Where are they stored?  

I am delighted with Designer and have never had any problems with it up until now.  Urgently need to get it back up and running.

I'm on a Mac Pro with 12gigs of Ram and lots of storage space.  Sierra 10.12 - Designer 1.5.1.

Many thanks for any suggestions. 

• Staff

Hi cydirect,

To get the app backup and running, you can simply reset the app, including the Assets. To do this hold down CTRL and click the program icon and select Open, a new window will load, check Reset Asset and click Clear. If you have recently installed the free GradeUI kit, this will need to be reinstalled.

Before resetting if you wanted to backup the Assets file you can, however if one of these is causing the crash. When the file is restored the crash may occur again and you will be in the same situation.

The location of the file is:

Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner/Data/Library/Application Support/user/

Now rename or copy the assets.propcol file, then just start up the app as normal and it will create a new one.

If the app provides a crash report, could you upload that you us to take a look.

Regards

The location of the file is:

Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Application Support/user/

I think you mean Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner/Data/Library/Application Support/user/

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Thank you so much for the speedy and helpful information.  Designer is now working again and I am a very happy guy.   Unfortunately, in my eagerness to get back up and running, I forgot to re-launch to get the crash log.  Next time something like this happens, I'll try to be more helpful. I absolutely love what you are doing with Designer and Photo!  Many thanks again and have a great day. I now know I will!    

• Staff

Hi cydirect,

Seems you forget to attach the crash report or are having trouble attaching it.

Here's how to attach image/files to the forum just in case. If the file you are trying to attach has a .crash extension you may have to zip it first before attempting to attach it to the forums since the .crash file is not allowed.

[EDIT] Thanks for the file @cydirect. I've attached it to your post above.