You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nik Software and Affinity Photo

I am trying to install Silver effex pro as a plug-in to use with Affinity Photo 1.4.3.

Though I have two of the Nik collection programmes available Silver Effex Pro is greyed out and shown as 'Not Known' in the plug in list. The whole nik collection is available in the designated plug in folder though. Only two of the colour effex programmes are available.

I would really appreciate any help with this issue please as I want to move from Photoshop cc to Affinity but won't if I can't get SE pro working.

Thanks in anticipation - Rob

• Staff

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the forums.

Take a look at this video that a user has created installing the Google Nik collection into Affinity Photo. I've just tested mine and it's working fine, it may be you need to remove and reinstall the collection again from scatch.

Regards

L

• Staff

Hi Rob Rivron,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

All the Nik collection plug-ins are now free for everyone and being distributed as a single collection.

I advise you to download and install the latest installer from here (top right link) if you didn't do it already and reinstall it as Lee D suggested.

All plug-ins should be recognised and work/run in the latest Photo Beta although a couple still have a few issues.

I successfully installed the Nik plug-ins and they seem to work. However, in photoshop the plugins duplicate the selected layer and add a layer mask so that the changes are non-destructive. That doesn't seem to happen in Affinity Photo. Am I missing something?