You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm new to affinity designer and couldn't help noticing there is no scale tool.

Yes, you can scale an objetc from its corners and all that but if I want a part of a shape to be scaled down I cant.

So a simple shape like the one I'm attaching is much harder to achieve in affinity. The stroke wont round one of the edges and as there is no scale tool I can't select the 3 points of the shape to scale down and simulate a stroke with pressure.

post-39007-0-91862300-1477152557_thumb.png

• 1 year later...

Since version 1.6, you can already select particular nodes and use the Transform panel to control them. There is just one problem. The transform applies only to the vector points (on-path control points), not to the Bézier handle control points (off-path control points). So scalings will distort the shape, rather than preserve it. :(

I am not quite sure why on-path control points are systematically privileged over the off-path control points (just have a look at snapping and nudging as further examples). A cubic Bézier curve is no less defined by the off-path points than it is by the on-path points, so maybe it would make sense to put these a little more on a par in the next version …

Hope that makes sense … :)

Alex

Transform.png.11ee51a865987c2c8caa999c58d77ab7.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi MEB, thanks for the greeting.

How do you scale/rotate nodes?  I had a look after installing 1.6.2.97 for a Transform, or FreeTransform tool but couldn't find.

What I'm trying to do is select a few nodes from a shape and bring up a free transform tool similar to Photoshop/Illustrator and scale uniformly/non-uniformly.

The Photoshop free transform tool also allows you to move the pivot of the transform and any scaling will now be centred around that new point.

I just noticed that there is another thread with lots of posts discussing this topic here..

Free transform selected nodes within a shape?

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...