You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting as vector for printing

I have received commercial interest in one of my vector-only creations, the client wants to be able to print to any size from covering a cushion to covering a wall. I wasn't intending the work as anything other than for my own amusement originally (and the client is known to me, so no complications)

Question: client does not have Affinity, not yet at least, and I made this piece when I was playing about with the early betas of AD for Windows. The only way I can think of sending a proper scaleable vector file is to find out what program he uses and export in that format? Unless you have a better idea :)

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

If the design uses features that require the use of effects such as drop shadows, glows, etc., without knowing the usage requirements will/can cause end-use file format issues.

In general, I would give a PDF. And I would do so only based on knowing the specific usage requirements. While one can get away with certain sizing requirements with only a couple PDFs, it really takes an understanding of the downstream processes of the required print conditions. I have done wallpaper patterns, but I knew the size of the patterns during the design process.

Without knowing what the design is of and not knowing the actual use requirements causes complications for anyone giving advice.

If you haven't yet, I would first get clarification of what the usages are and their sizing requirements.

Mike

It's a very simple design, no special effects, no fades, glows, anything, just needs to be capable of printing out at anything from A6 to A0 sizes without distortion of pixelation. I'll try a few things around the PDF and see what the results are like.

I'll also see if it opens in my Mac AD, too.

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album