You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sorry but this is important to me. I know this feature has been requested before. But I have a reason to repeat this:

I love Affinity Designer. Except for its lack of brush smoothing that drives me crazy. Meaning: when drawing w/ a Wacom tablet, the strokes are all wiggly and wobbly. Can we fix this? I'm willing to do whatever it takes, so that people around the world using your product can have this feature. Hire me for $10/month to do this.

Autodesk Graphic (formerly iDraw) has it. Illustrator has it. Functioning brush tool is quite basic feature of a vector drawing program.

I know you have priorities. I know you can't do everything at once. I know you have an existing feature roadmap. But this feature has been requested time after time, starting from 2014. Please get it done. Again, if I need to work on it for free or for a coffee, I'm ready to do it. Let's get this done.

I'm 100% serious. Contact me anytime, and I'll jump working on this on a 24 hours notice. You have help. You have demand for this feature – guys, it's time. Let's get this feature on Affinity Designer.

Waiting for your reply.

• 1 month later...

I've been using an Apple Pencil on iPad Pro with Astropad to do line drawings with the vector brush, and it's been great. For me, the amount of smoothing they've built in is just right - when working at big enough sizes. When working small, it's way too much - so I join you in your request to hand over some smoothing control to the end user.

Maybe you should submit your resumé to Serif and see what happens!

MacBook Pro 15" 32GB RAM, iPad Pro 12.9" + Magic Keyboard, Apple Pencil.  Software tools of my trade: Affinity Designer | Affinity Publisher | PDF Expert | Drafts | The Archive | Plutio  

https://eandrpublications.com.au

Sorry but this is important to me. I know this feature has been requested before. But I have a reason to repeat this:

I love Affinity Designer. Except for its lack of brush smoothing that drives me crazy. Meaning: when drawing w/ a Wacom tablet, the strokes are all wiggly and wobbly. Can we fix this? I'm willing to do whatever it takes, so that people around the world using your product can have this feature. Hire me for $10/month to do this.

Autodesk Graphic (formerly iDraw) has it. Illustrator has it. Functioning brush tool is quite basic feature of a vector drawing program.

I know you have priorities. I know you can't do everything at once. I know you have an existing feature roadmap. But this feature has been requested time after time, starting from 2014. Please get it done. Again, if I need to work on it for free or for a coffee, I'm ready to do it. Let's get this done.

I'm 100% serious. Contact me anytime, and I'll jump working on this on a 24 hours notice. You have help. You have demand for this feature – guys, it's time. Let's get this feature on Affinity Designer.

Waiting for your reply.

indeed, in AD, it makes its smoothing, when converting to vector, but results in a wobbly effect at nodes (so, is more of a fix). IMO  in Photo the smoothing (forcing averaging) would make more sense (but not ON by default , maybe). Maybe in AD is more of a fix in the vectorization stage, that is, when you release de pen tip from the drawing. The raster version which happens initially, seems no wobbly nor jittery (in AD. I meant, as in AP the brush problems are, imo , worse. 

Cheers,

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

• 4 weeks later...

Have you guys tried hej stylus. It's pretty neat and adds system wide smoothing to mouse/stylus movement which makes it really useful for drawing apps. It takes a couple of minutes to get used to it but it works really nicely for me and is a handy workaround whilst we're waiting for the affinity team to implement it in the app.

http://hejstylus.com

Edit. Hmmm now that I'm playing with it more it seems not to be registering my strokes 100% of the time... but when it works it's great ;) maybe best to wait til the a few of the bugs get squashed.