You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Public Beta (RC2) - 1.5.0.26 (Windows)

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability

Requirements: None

As this is a beta release, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is worth noting that files created in Affinity Designer 1.5 cannot be opened in Affinity Photo 1.4, which means that although files created with the Windows beta can be opened in the Mac AppStore version of Designer (currently on 1.5.1) they cannot be opened in the latest Mac App Store versions Affinity Photo, instead you will need the latest macOS 1.5 beta.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Added IME support
  • Fixed crash when selecting masks or adjustment layers with "Show Selection in Layers Panel" enabled
  • Tweaked Keyboard Preferences UI to more closely match the macOS version
  • Fixed Export Persona shortcuts not saving
  • Fixed new 32bit documents not automatically choosing Linear sRGB as their colour profile
  • Fixed exporting to PDF no longer exporting artboards as pages
  • Added better warning when attempting to open non-Affinity files
  • Fixed sporadic crash when creating new documents
  • Fixed being unable to create new documents while an existing document is being opened
  • Improved font matching when importing PDFs
  • Fixed Export Persona Arrange icons being too big
  • Fixed brush rotation allowing a maximum of 50%
  • Fixed being unable to delete multiple export presets
  • Fixed Export Presets not saving the 'Use DPI Value' for vector formats
  • Fixed focus remaining on input dialogs after interacting with them
  • Fixed Export Persona export options missing preferences context menu
  • Added improvements to distance measurements

Hey, it was very fast since last update. Thank you very much.

Can I say that we are counting days for the final version?

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

• Staff

Can I say that we are counting days for the final version?

You may say that, but I couldn't possibly comment ;)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

That was one very fast update. Great work, Affinity Team.

So far, before installing RC2, everything is working good. Hopefully with RC2, the Constraits problem I ran into will be fixed.

Downloading & installing RC2 now. 

• Staff

I certainly hope not. There's still too much not working right (ex: Transformed values still failing to update upon clicking Reset Transform Box) and too much functionality incomplete (ex: Axonometric grid settings).

Have you created any new threads regarding these issues? From what I can see you've posted them as replies to someone else's issue which means they've unfortunately been overlooked. If you do have a problem then please create a NEW thread about it (and not a reply to someone elses), otherwise it can very easily overlooked which is what has happened in this case. I will get it reported to the dev team though.

With regards to the Axonemetric grid settings, that is more of a feature request than anything so feel free to create a thread in Feature Requests.

I certainly hope not. There's still too much not working right (ex: Transformed values still failing to update upon clicking Reset Transform Box) and too much functionality incomplete (ex: Axonometric grid settings).

JET

Well, i have like a 2 full page document of (not minor) bugs, half of them i had time to report, but not fixed yet, so i think it's pretty far from a stabile release, but it's getting closer.

Thank you a lot for your kind suggestion & help. Actually it only affect AD and very little I use it. My Plus range have no such issue so I still did not change it.

Any way thanks a lot Mark :)

It only affects applications which perform colour conversion from document colour profile to monitor colour profile. The Plus products didn't do this (by default). If you try it with Photoshop you'll notice you also get a yellow document rather than white.

Please make sure that Aero will NOT be needed in the final release as this should be a choice of the end-user not the programmers. If Aero is needed to be "on" then I do not want to use this program. I'll wait until you come out with the PS killer to see if that requires Aero.

Exciting stuff :) Can't wait to get the full program.

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

Please make sure that Aero will NOT be needed in the final release as this should be a choice of the end-user not the programmers. If Aero is needed to be "on" then I do not want to use this program. I'll wait until you come out with the PS killer to see if that requires Aero.

I'm pretty sure that when disabling Aero you are actually disabling hardware acceleration. Turning off DWM (Aero, glass, etc) is just a side effect.

I certainly don't speak for Affinity. But if it were my company, I don't think I'd invest in developing a software rendering solution nearly every computer in use can perform hardware acceleration. Basically every computer built in the last 7-8 years has a CPU with a decent integrated GPU.

Out of curiousity, what version of Windows are you using and why do you disable Aero? Why is this so important to you?

• Staff

Botulism

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums.

We do use Aero for the graphics performance it opens up, and without it the software cannot perform as well. 

I'll wait until you come out with the PS killer to see if that requires Aero.

Affinity Photo is the same codebase and will have the same requirements for fast performance.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hey guys, i was exploring the export persona today and stumbled upon this. When i export the entire page everything is fine, but when exporting slices (batch or one by one) there is no text. Please see the attached image. Is this a setting i need to change or something else?

Thanks in advance!

post-37491-0-01923800-1477069786_thumb.png

• Staff

Hello!
Is Affinity is available with Polish interface?
Regards

the interface is in 

• German
  • English (GB)
  • English (US)
  • French
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Spanish
  • Portuguese
  • Chinese 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

RC - Cool :-)

Congratulations - and good to hear that Photo isn't too far off, that one I am even more curious about...

What  I still dearly miss though is a way to see if Affinity is working. When I select several thousand points and convert them to smooth, AD freezes for some 10 or 20 minutes until it's done.

No pointer change to a busy one, no progress bar that would show me an estimate of how long it will take for longer operations.

AD is so intuitive in many areas that this lack of even a basic response concept is quite puzzling to me. 

The only thing I get is the whiteish-Windows-App-doesn't-react sceen.

It's the same if I import really large drawings - nothing happens, no pointer or other visual indication that AD is working until at one point the drawing shows up.

And I think multithreading would be something to look into as well. Operations on many points take ages and only use one core...

Maybe in a next version ;-)

Thanks and cheers,

Tom

ScreenDream   |   Windows 8.1 x64 - 64 GB Ram - i7 6 core @ 4.1 GHz - GeForce GTX 1080 TI & GTX 980 Ti

• Staff

AdelEvin,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums,

Dear developers! Add to the program Blend Tool and Crop Tool !!!!

We like to keep feature requests in their own forum, but being your first post I'll let you off. :)

We have been asked for the blend tool a number of times, and it is on the designer roadmap.

What is wrong with the crop tool (!!!!) that we have?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

You guys NEED to have a search within the font dropdown. It's impossible to even skip to the first letter of the font's name.

The best would be a search bar, when you add like "A" it goes to the beginning of "a..." fonts. Then you write "Ar" and it goes to Arial, etc.

This is the minimal set of the search options!

You guys NEED to have a search within the font dropdown. It's impossible to even skip to the first letter of the font's name.

The best would be a search bar, when you add like "A" it goes to the beginning of "a..." fonts. Then you write "Ar" and it goes to Arial, etc.

This is the minimal set of the search options!

Dont worry, post here if you want!