You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export artboards as PDF with multiple pages

Hello!
​I'm amazed with Affinity on Windows and I'm using it more and more over the Illustrator. One thing makes me wonder for now - is it possible to export artboards as PDF with multiple pages? Tried with preset for print etc., tried with printing to file and nothing worked.

This just stopped working for me after I updated. It always exported to two pages before but with the same (default to my knowledge) settings it exports a broad page instead. 

Doesn't matter if I export through Draw or Export persona.

Can't find where any settings for this is because I knowingly didn't change them from the start.

How do I fix it? 

Thanks

Edit, Same when I print. Don't know what have changed but this isn't how it was yesterday before the last update.

Version 1.5.0.25 (RC)

post-28579-0-46142200-1476970357_thumb.jpg

This just stopped working for me after I updated. It always exported to two pages before but with the same (default to my knowledge) settings it exports a broad page instead. 

Can't find where any settings for this is because I knowingly didn't change them from the start.

How do I fix it? 

Thanks

Edit, Same when I print. Don't know what have changed but this isn't how it was yesterday before the last update.

Version 1.5.0.25 (RC)

Here is a video, how it works for me through export persona in (RC1), until it gets fixed :)

expord pdf with pages.wmv

Here is a video, how it works for me through export persona in (RC1), until it gets fixed :)

Thanks a lot! I pressed the little button beside the doc name and it exported to PDF directly. It's a work around, I'm sure, but it works great. Thanks again!

post-28579-0-97031600-1476973437_thumb.jpg

• Staff

How do I fix it? 

Thanks

Version 1.5.0.25 (RC)

Hi cjp,

Would you be able to attach your document with this broken please? Just to be sure you have several artboards that are not being output to separate pages and instead as one wide one?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/27/2017 at 0:29 AM, nezumi said:

This is unnecessary now - maybe was in the past. All you have to do now is just export as PDF and make sure you're exporting "whole document". It will create page in pdf for each artboard.

I'm having difficulty with this now and had to use this workaround (export persona). How have you used this recently, without using export persona? 

And, the pages are PDFing in a weird order when I use the workaround provided... still trying to sort it out. Trying NOT to use another software to re-order the pages, ... anybody have any suggestions on how to PDF multiple artboards into a multipage PDF document? 

• 1 year later...

On 2/17/2018 at 4:04 AM, Ariana M said:

I'm having difficulty with this now and had to use this workaround (export persona). How have you used this recently, without using export persona? 

And, the pages are PDFing in a weird order when I use the workaround provided... still trying to sort it out. Trying NOT to use another software to re-order the pages, ... anybody have any suggestions on how to PDF multiple artboards into a multipage PDF document? 

I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to point out that the order of the artboards in the layers panel will be the reverse of the order in the PDF, as the lowest item becomes page 1 and so on. Confusing at first but it does sort of make sense.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.