You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Camera Raw as a Plugin in Affinity Photo?

Hi

I noticed, camera raw exists as a plugin file, like other photoshop plugins, therefore i wondered, if there is an option to use it with affinity photo?

And if not, does anyone know an alternative to camera raw that can be used with affinity?

Thank you

ditto for DxO Optics Pro raw processing. In the meantime, I'm ok with the following (mostly batch) workflow:

• DxO Optics Pro (batch) --> TIFF --> piccure+ (batch) --> TIFF --> Affinity Photo (save layers) --> AFPHOTO --> Affinity Photo (export & resize for both print and web) --> JPEG

So yeah, if I could get both DxO and piccure+ to work as a seamless part of the Affinity Photo framework I'd be a happy camper. Until then, the above is how I produce my final edits.

YMMV

Michael

• Staff

Hi Kinofoler,

Welcome to the forums.

i don't believe that Camera Raw was designed to be used as a plugin for any other program except for Photoshop. None of the other apps I've tested can detect it up as a plugin.

Are you having any issues when loading RAW files into Affinity Photo using our built in RAW engine or switching and using Apples?

L

Affinity Photo works very well with my raws, no problem whatsoever  :)

But it is painfully slow when i have to work on a big number of shots while not being able to change the settings for multiple images at once, which i usually did very quickly in camera raw.

Asking for camera raw was just a long shot  :D

Unfortunately, i was not able to find a great alternative to camera raw, which can work together with affinity photo. I do like the raw functionality of affinity photo quite a lot, but i really miss this sort of "manual batch processing" ability of camera raw.

At the moment, i am waiting for the new ON1 raw program, which should be out soon, maybe that will do the trick.

• 2 years later...

just came across this and for info two years on Affinity is still not great as a RAW processor and very poor when it comes to batch RAW processing.  Shame because after evaluating it I really like Affinity as an editor but the RAW side stops me purchasing.

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 1/3/2019 at 8:00 AM, trevorc said:

just came across this and for info two years on Affinity is still not great as a RAW processor and very poor when it comes to batch RAW processing.  Shame because after evaluating it I really like Affinity as an editor but the RAW side stops me purchasing.

This is the ONLY issue keeping me from dumping Adobe and moving entirely to Affinity: The great functionality of Camera Raw.

Sigh . . .

• 9 months later...

Abobe bridge (free) works well with affinity, images can be processed in Bridge using camera raw and then opened into Affinity.

The only issue is Affinity saves the image as an Affinity file, but you can also use file/export where you can export as a JPG and then group the two files together as a stack in Bridge with the JPG on top so you can see what the image is.

Works really well if you don’t like the Affinity Raw Processor

Edited by Dean0