Sign in to follow this  
bellyanalytical

Group inside constraints group disappears

HI bellyanalytical and Gabiskandar

Thanks for the video and the file. This looks like an issue we are already aware of involving constraints and multiple levels of groups. the objects have not disappears as much as have been greatly misplaced if you zoom far enough out of the document you will most likely seem them somewhere off the canvas. Hopefully this will get sorted in the next update

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi,

I attached my setup here

Interesting thing and maybe nice for comparison:

There are two buttons with seemingly the same setup - yet, if you group the "group me" items inside of each button, they behave differently. The one group stays, the other one vanishes.

You should check the history of the document ... I wanted to replicate and isolate that behaviour from my original file. Failed at first. But then accidentally replicated it again - though at first I wanted them to be the other way around: left vanishing, right being ok. But you will see that in the edit history.

So it also depends when you do certain operations (grouping, putting into layers again, etc ...)

hope you can fix this and good luck : )

cheers

Steffen

constraints-grouping-misplacement.afdesign

HI bellyanalytical and Gabiskandar

Thanks for the video and the file. This looks like an issue we are already aware of involving constraints and multiple levels of groups. the objects have not disappears as much as have been greatly misplaced if you zoom far enough out of the document you will most likely seem them somewhere off the canvas. Hopefully this will get sorted in the next update

Cheers

Hey Chris_K - thanks for the update :-)

It's something that I could really do with, so good luck!

Gabi