You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ash

Leider, habe ich Safari, Firefox und Chrome probiert.... Allem mit der gleich Ende. Aber, danke. 

Sorry, dieser offizielle Post weiß wohl mehr: #132747

Aber vielleicht klappt es ja über einen Freund im großen Kanton. Die Grenze ist ja nicht weit. Und wenn Sie ohnehin die – hoffentlich korrigierte – deutsche Version abwarten, könnte es bis dahin vielleicht «direkt» klappen.

Not sure how long it will last but when Affinity Designer was officially launched the 20% discount offer for the workbook was offered when I purchased AD. I don't know if there will be a similar book for the Photo version of the software, I read somewhere that the workbook includes instructions for Photo also but I won't know until I get the book.

I ordered the Workbook on the morning of November 17th and I just received it sometime today November 19th. It was waiting in my mailbox when I got up.  Probably was delivered an hour or two after my last post. The Affinity Angels there at Serif are working over time.  Nice!

will we be able to chose the language between German and English if we order it from Germany?

The German version isn't available yet, so if you order it now it will be in English. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I just got your wonderful book the other day. I love it. The Affinity Design app and the book are early Christmas gifts to myself. I have been using Photoshop for almost 20 years for pretty much all of my graphic arts needs –– pretty much every single day. I never did use Illustrator, so this is all new to me. The book is great. With it by my side, I am currently methodically teaching myself how to use the Affinity Designer app. I do hope to get a full grasp of it soon.

What browser, on what OS and do you have javascript on or off? Have you a different browser to try?

@Patrick Connor: I have the same problem. Tried with Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version) and IE (v11). JS is on. OS is Win7.

Too bad, I'd loved to order the book.

Just got my copy today, Ordered on a Sunday - received on a Tuesday. Not too bad. 

It's lovely. My wife looked at it and agrees. In fact the first words out of her mouth about the book is "It's gorgeous." She thumbed through it and pointed at a number of graphics she liked. When a computer-centric book can grab the attention of a someone who's extent of computer use is limited to web, email, and word processing, you're doing something very very right!

IMHO, this is one of the best app-focused dead-tree books I've seen. And over the upcoming long weekend, I hope to read a bit of it.

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

• Staff

@Patrick Connor: I have the same problem. Tried with Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version) and IE (v11). JS is on. OS is Win7.

Too bad, I'd loved to order the book.

What country do you live in? There are some we can't deliver to, and the shop acts strangely.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

nhannomad,

If it's the link in the newsletter that doesn't work, then I have a suggestion.

Start at the marketing site workbook page and get to the store from there.

https://affinity.serif.com/designer/workbook/

Does that work?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

I understand that there is a problem seeing that page for some excluded delivery countries, perhaps it's that. What is your country please ?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

I just checked the link @Patrick Connor linked to and I was able to get to it no problem.

Clear your browsers cache, close it then reopen it or use something like CCleaner after you close the browser to clean out all the temp files, caches and what not then try again.

If you still can't get to it and you are in one of the countries they are saying is blocked then that may just be the reason though I do not know why a server error would be displayed it should redirect or give a message or at least that is the professional way to handle blocking.  Or just don't provide a buy now button, I don't know.

Macedonia is one of the excluded countries, but I didn't have any problems to order it (redirected to be delivered to Sweden). I got it after 4-5 days. I also use Chrome and there was not any problem using it to order the book.

I am going to Sweden on December 2, so I'll have to wait a little more to get the book.  :)

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Yes. You are right.

My national Romanian Postal Service messed up the delivery and sent me the book with a file of regrets (aka walk of shame).

BTW: In the same package I received the pakage of a girl as a bonus. I will go to her place to deliver the package by myself cause otherwise she would loose it.

Take care when delivering in Romania. The National Postal Service is a mess, and the people working there steal stuff, or send the package to another address, like it happened to me: bundles 2-3 items in one package and delivers all of them to one random address from all of them. :) That's awesome, right?

Affinity Team was great they helped me get the book. Maree is the best. Thanks for the help.

The book is amazing! I will devour it. :)

Thank you!

Hey, same thing happened to me!!! Bought on the 21st, dispatched on the 25th, arrived in the country of destination on the 28th - no delivery as of 14th Nov.

I just emailed Serif staff in charge of purchasing and they are shipping mine again today! I think you should too, because I don't think the original order will make it to you - since my item can't be tracked either.

Update: 

Item delivered to me on the 16th of November and I was able to cancel the reshipment just in time before it got sent to me. 

Seems like the item was just held for an extended period of time before it exchanged hands between the international courier and the local post services.

If anyone else has shipping delays like me - I guess you have to wait, like I did (mine took almost 4 weeks to arrive) :(

Received the newsletter and found out the book is on discount again, but I get the same problems as others when trying to purchase the book. It always gives me an error page with "There was a problem handling your request".

I'm also unable to sign in to the "regular" Affinity site, getting the message "Error: The Email address or Password is incorrect". And also no mailreply when trying to get a new password via the "Forgot password?" function.

Trying this on OSX El Capitan with Safari, Firefox and Chrome + Safari on iPad, from Norway.
No luck with either the link in the newsletter or the "marketing site workbook page" (as suggestet above).

Crossing fingers! :-)